Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Open Road, Akubra Sydney and Gohn Bros

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
Hello, I have three hats that are too small for me that I would like to offer to the Lounge before putting them on an ebay auction. Would really like to trade for something in my size (7 1/4 or 7 3/8) The Stetson Open Road is size 7 1/8, 3X Beaver, 2 1/2 brim, no holes or bites, could stand a little cleaning but otherwise is very good condition. The Akubra Sydney is size 56. Made in Austrailia, 2 1/2" brim, shows little sign of having been worn. Could stand to be dusted. The Gohn Bros shows light wear, very stiff felt, size 6 7/8, 3" brim, I'm not familiar with this brand of hat. All are very nice looking and in good condition other than a little dusty. I don't have the PM feature but post here or send me an email at: cbh65beck@netzero.net
I don't have a fixed price on any of them but would be open to offers and would actually perfer an equal value trade. Thanks for looking.
S. Beagles

Sam Craig

One Too Many
"The Gohn Bros shows light wear, very stiff felt, size 6 7/8, 3" brim, I'm not familiar with this brand of hat. "

Gohn Bros. of Middlebury, Ind., is an outfitting business for Amish and other plain dressing folks.

This was an Amish dress hat that someone has converted to a wide-brimmed fedora.

I've owned a couple of their hats. They are heavy felt and last forever, take a lot of abuse.

Anyone who wears a hat that small would get years of wear out of this one.

Sadly, my head is too large!

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
Thanks for the info on the Gohn Bros. It is a well made hat though its stiff. I'm not expecting much for the three hats. I would ship all three for $70 or better yet trade them for one I can wear. I figured the open road was worth the most. But I got these hats in trades and thats about how much I have in them. None of them fit me so if thats a good price I would rather pass them along to someone else who could wear them. I'm looking for something in a 7 1/4 or 7 3/8 and it does'nt have to be anything outstanding. I wear a hat even working around the house so a well worn "beater" is not out of the question for me. Thanks, S. Beagles

shodan

New in Town
I have a Vintage Borsalino in dark drown that I am going to put on ebay. I would rather sell it to a fellow lounger than to bother with ebay. I wear a 7 3/8 this one is just a touch too big. Email me for photos. fvictory at carolina.rr.com

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
Thanks for the offer Shodan, but I wear a 7 1/4 up to 7 3/8. If its a little big on you it would probably be the same with me.
I should give a dollar figure on the hats if someone wanted one by itself. I would sell the Akubra in the US for $20 shippng included, the Gohn Bros $18 shipped, and the Stetson $30 shipped. I would ship overseas for the additional postage. All three hats I would take $55. Email me at cbh65beck@netzero.net

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace