Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson, Royal Milano

LordBest

Practically Family
I purchased this hat at a thrift shop at Hobart. It is too small for me (7) but I had to buy it after a younger chap who was talking about buying said to his lady companion "It would look wicked dyed black".
Any idea as to age, material (what does Royal grade actually mean?), even value? A tag that was tucked into the band reads "Stetson Quality: Royal, Style: Milano, Colour: Gold Bronze, Size 7."
StetsonRoyalMilanoF.jpg

StetsonRoyalMilanoS.jpg

StetsonRoyalMilanoT.jpg

StetsonRoyalMilanoI.jpg

StetsonRoyalMilanoTag.jpg

HATCO

Vendor
since your in Australia I would have to assume it's from the akubra factory. What's confusing to me though is that I thought Australia uses a different sizing convention then the U.S. If it is from the U.S. it was made in the St. Joe plant that is now closed down.

Is the welt stitched or felted? I would assume it's a stitched welt since it's royal quality.

Royal Grade at least here in the U.S. is considered entry level fur felt.

I like the hat btw just the way it is.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I'm with Hatco on this...It's a sweet lid as is...and would take way to much to dye it...There was a thread a day or so ago that talked about the same thing. It would be cheaper to pick up a black hat and keep this one as is.

LordBest

Practically Family
I quite agree, I bought it to stop the other chap dyeing it. It does say "Made in Australia under license on the band", I forgot to put that in my original post, apologies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran