Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "Westerner"

RHY

One of the Regulars
Listing Error

Sorry about putting the information on the Stetson I saw on Ebay. I didn't know that there was a prohibition on discussing active Ebay listings. I was only trying to ask whether or no the listed one was the same as the one that I had won. I will abide by this rule in the future.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^No problem. It's there to allow people to find their own deals and also to avoid bidding frenzies. People are welcome to list their own auctions, by the way.

HATCO

Vendor
The lining looks like a Resistol lining. I can't see the sweatband. The size tag looks the same as the tags that come from our garland plant. The pin is immaterial to the brand of the hat. I would say you have a Resistol San Antonio. LBJ wore those... not OPEN ROADS.

RHY said:
I recently won an Ebay auction for a Stetson "Westerner". See Item number: 320290896867.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I got, since I can't seem to be able to find any references to a "Westerner" in the Stetson line.

HATCO

Vendor
Rick Blaine said:
Doggoneit! That means my LBJ gear is not strictly "screen accurate"! :D

He was from Texas after all.. it would be akin for a politician from Detroit to travel in a German or Japanese car.

I have some pictures of various hats some where of a hat made by Rolnick himself for LBJ Cattleman crease with a handfelted edge. Cloth sweatband Designed by Harry Rolnick for Lyndon Baines Johnson

Also have one from JFK. Same felt, same edge treatment different crown. Except the liner is Churchill.

yes I'll get pictures. no not today. busy... sorry

RBH

Bartender
HATCO said:
He was from Texas after all.. it would be akin for a politician from Detroit to travel in a German or Japanese car.

I have some pictures of various hats some where of a hat made by Rolnick himself for LBJ Cattleman crease with a handfelted edge. Cloth sweatband Designed by Harry Rolnick for Lyndon Baines Johnson

Also have one from JFK. Same felt, same edge treatment different crown. Except the liner is Churchill.

yes I'll get pictures. no not today. busy... sorry
SWEET!!!!

I do wish you could get some photos of that Stratoliner!

With the pin....

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Last evening I was thinking about my two Resistol San Antonios and my one Resistol Saddler. They appear to be the same hat, even though the names on the style tags are different. As I thought about it I wound up bothered by this enough to get out the stick-with-lines and do a little more detailed observing.

The result was that I found that the Saddler has a 1/2" greater crown height than the San Antonios. All other dimensions were so close to each other that I can say that they are the same, including felt thickness (measured with what is called a 'paper mike' in the machinist trade).

Veddy In-ter-esting......

I have *no* idea where to place this (probably worthless) piece of trivia, so I figured I'd stick it in here where we've been discussing the relative similarities and differences of the Stetson Open Road and the Resistol San Antonio. lol

Later!

Stan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart