Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve McQueen/Porsche Leather Jacket

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
It seems it's all the rage for luxury car makers to start flogging branded clothing as well at the moment.

I see Bugatti are just about to release an "exclusive" range of clobber including leather jackets, including a blue one (how very 2013 ;) ). I'd imagine the prices will be even more eye-wateringly expensive than the Porsche stuff.

Not my cup of tea personally.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Think I saw a 'Morgan' Irvin type on the Bay this week ££££...$$$$$!! Sold an 'MG' owners club Irvin clone myself last year that I picked up for a SONG :-D

Since Porsche is obviously trying to cash in on some vague Hollywood association to their product, maybe they should consider a line of James Dean jackets.

Oh wait......maybe not;)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've always thought that carmakers making jackets began when they wanted to offer copies of those worn by pitcrews at races.

thor

Call Me a Cab
McQueen grew up terribly abused and underprivileged; no wonder he had a chip on his shoulder when he became an adult and achieved success.
Ask the average guy on the street who he'd rather be, Newman or McQueen, overwhelmingly they'd choose Steve McQueen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn