Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stores in Cali and the right brand

fredvez

New in Town
Hi there,

I'm planning a trip to California soon and I'm on the lookout for stores that carry A2 leather jackets from repro brands like Eastman, Buzz, or Real McCoys. However, I'm having trouble finding information online about where to find these jackets in California, specifically in SF or LA. If you have any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

On a similar note, I have a bit of a challenge finding the right size for A2 repro jackets as I'm quite broad-shouldered. Currently, I have a G1 Eastman jacket that barely fits in their largeszt size, thanks to the bi-swing back, but it's still a bit tight with a t-shirt. Unfortunately, I've contacted Eastman about larger sizes or custom options, but they don't have any plans for that in the near future.

I've scoured forums to find a brand that offers a vintage-looking A2 jacket, as that's the style I prefer, but I'm yet to find one that fits well. If you happen to know of any brands that offer larger sizes or have a vintage-inspired A2 jacket especilay if they have a store in CA, your help would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I’m not sure there are any spots that carry many A-2 jackets.
The only places I can think of off-hand might be Standard & Strange in Oakland https://standardandstrange.com/ or possibly Johnson Leathers in SF. The great thing about Johnson is that they can measure you and custom make one that fits you well. I would call ahead to see if they can have your size in the store when you arrive.
Mister Freedom might have some vintage ones, or you could try the Rose Bowl Flea Market- but again, not new jackets.
Others might have more ideas.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Maybe call ahead to see if they have your size in stock.

i think the roomier cut of the Star Sportswear contract will fit better than some of the narrower Roughwear contracts.

If A2 is your thing, check out Goodwear website. I’ll post all the Japanese stuff when I get my book delivered.

IMG_0384.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
If you want A2 jackets in Cali, you won't have much luck, especially good repros. Only place is Standard and Strange in Oakland who carry rmc. Those are good but otherwise you'll have to go to vintage stores and just hope someone has one, though they rarely if ever do.

I think Brogue California carries Aero, but I'm not sure if they have any of Aero's A2 jackets.

Some mentioned the Rosebowl flea market and I'll second that. Good idea to at least try it.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you like G-1 type jackets, you're in luck because unlike some other designs, they remain popular in the general civilian market (and are still issued by Uncle Sam) so many companies make high quality ones that will fit a variety of sizes. You can get one from a company like Cockpit or Schott (or a dealer of either–I know Schott has both dealers and company-owned stores in SF and LA).

Alternatively, as some people have mentioned, if you're going to SF you should just drop into Johnson Leathers. They can make anything you want and I'm certain they already have a stock pattern for the G-1 given what a staple jacket design it is. They have some amazing goatskins that would make for a super-luxurious feel.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
If you want A2 jackets in Cali, you won't have much luck, especially good repros. Only place is Standard and Strange in Oakland who carry rmc. Those are good but otherwise you'll have to go to vintage stores and just hope someone has one, though they rarely if ever do.

I think Brogue California carries Aero, but I'm not sure if they have any of Aero's A2 jackets.

Some mentioned the Rosebowl flea market and I'll second that. Good idea to at least try it.
Thanks for the info on Brogue. Never heard of.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
You could check out Self Edge in SF too, but I doubt they'll have that style, but they carry Fine Creek, Real McCoys, and a couple others IIRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner