Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straight Leg Pants

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Is there a common department store or anywhere where I can find traight leged slacks? I have the hardest time because the style of pants nowadays in tapered leg (where its wide at the top and gradually gets narrower to the bottom). I have no problem finding straight leg jeans but slacks it seems impossible. Please help!

Salv

One Too Many
How about some work pants?

Ben Davis original Ben's
original_Bens.gif

Dickie's 846 Poplin Pants
846TN_LG.JPG

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Try Bills

ArrowCollarMan said:
Is there a common department store or anywhere where I can find traight leged slacks? I have the hardest time because the style of pants nowadays in tapered leg (where its wide at the top and gradually gets narrower to the bottom). I have no problem finding straight leg jeans but slacks it seems impossible. Please help!

You'll likely have more chance of eventually finding some over there in the states than I would here in the UK ! You're so right - every pair of ready made pants in the stores all seem to be noticeably tapered. I think that even what you describe as 'straight leg' pants are going to have some taper, but its a case of finding some with very little taper, which really equates to wider bottoms. I like Bills M1 khakis which are very generously cut with a high rise in a 40s style and although there is some taper in the leg, its certainly not as noticeable as some of the stuff you'll find in the average menswear store. I know what you're thinking - KHAKIS !!! but if Bills are starched and pressed they look really dressy. As for comfort you'll like them a lot and they're available in various shades ( and weights of cotton etc)

www.billskhakis.com

Hope this is of some use to you

Colin

zeus36

A-List Customer
I have a pair of higher waisted straight leg relaxed pants from..... The GAP!

They have a good texture and are a heavy fabric that drapes well. I put on suspender buttons and a good set of suspenders.

Don't know how old they are as I picked them up in thrift store for a couple of bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo