Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strange Travels

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
I was speaking with some friends about odd things we've encountered on our travels. I'm not talking about going out to see something strange but finding something completely unexpected or unusual.
For example, a few years back I was out exploring an abandoned railroad track. Really wasn't more than a nice walk. A couple of miles in though I came upon a game trail. It was overgrown but fairly wide. Curious I followed it. I was led to a wonderland of witchy horrors. Beheaded dolls, animal bones and strange symbols carved into the trees. There was a large circle on the ground that looked like someone paced it into the ground. There was an alter of some sort with various instruments and macabre decor at the center.
The thing is is that no one lives out there. The only way in is to hike. As there are no roads. With the closest being the one I parked at.

I figured what someone is doing out there isn't any of my business as long as it's not hurting anyone.

-------------
Another occured on an mountain bike trail. Rolling along I came across an old bicycle tire in a tree. Not hanging, IN the tree. The tree grew around it. It was really neat though. Trees are tough.

What have you got for a fun thread?

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This sounds like something that should be placed in the ”Agents of F.L.A.S.K.” Thread, where all things mysterious, paranormal, creepy, and otherworldly are discussed. We take it seriously, but also look for rational explanations. There are plenty of weird and unexplained things out there!

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
This sounds like something that should be placed in the ”Agents of F.L.A.S.K.” Thread, where all things mysterious, paranormal, creepy, and otherworldly are discussed. We take it seriously, but also look for rational explanations. There are plenty of weird and unexplained things out there!
I must have misread that. I thought it was about flasks. I don't have an interest in them so I didn't read it. If that's the case then this can be merged with it or deleted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner