Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style help: Matching hat and coat colors properly

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Put on the jacket and then try the hats on the mirror and pick whichever looks better to you. I would think the Overlander would look better (I don't care for black hats that much), but either would work fine, I'm sure.

Picard1138

One of the Regulars
I think either works, depending on what look you're going for and how dark brown the duster is in person. With the fur liner attached you have the matching light color of the lighter hat. Without the liner, I would wear the darker hat. Also, if you plan on doing any dirty work, obviously wear the darker hat, which will go fine with or without the liner.

-Max

I am Akubra Man

New in Town
Picard1138 said:
I think either works, depending on what look you're going for and how dark brown the duster is in person. With the fur liner attached you have the matching light color of the lighter hat. Without the liner, I would wear the darker hat. Also, if you plan on doing any dirty work, obviously wear the darker hat, which will go fine with or without the liner.

-Max

The duster is pretty dark in person. The internet pic of it is a little lighter than it actually is.

I like both the hats but my big issue with the stoney creek is i'm worried that the crown is too tall. I'm not exactly a giant (5'10) and I've always thought tall crowns look strange on me.

Picard1138

One of the Regulars
If you don't like high crown then definitely don't go with the Stoney Creek. I don't like high crown either, and just recently bought a cowboy hat that specifically had a teardrop and pinch like a fedora rather than the typical cattleman crown. I would go with something like the teardrop or a crease and pinch front.

-Max

I am Akubra Man

New in Town
Picard1138 said:
If you don't like high crown then definitely don't go with the Stoney Creek. I don't like high crown either, and just recently bought a cowboy hat that specifically had a teardrop and pinch like a fedora rather than the typical cattleman crown. I would go with something like the teardrop or a crease and pinch front.

-Max

My thoughts exactly. Just thinking out loud, the Overlander in dark fawn would pretty much match the color of the coat. or would that be going over board with too much brown? The stetson drifter is catching my eye, too.

Sigh

decisions, decisions.

If only I had an unlimited supply of money I wouldn't have these problems. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou