Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subjective personal opinions can be difficult to reconcile, and sometimes downright bewildering

BlueWallpaper

Familiar Face
The GW looks great on you and with a 3 year wait you shouldn't ditch it unless you're completely certain. Not an easy mistake to undo. In fact if you think you'll replace it then PN's suggestion of getting another and selling the one you don't like is a good one!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
A lot of the rules for dressing are based on normalising your body's proportions.

For jacket length, the recommendation is to go shorter if you've got a long back and short legs, and longer if your proportions are the other way round.

I've got long legs and a short back, and think that hip length jackets look better on me. It visually stretches my body, and so balances things.

My brother has the opposite proportions, and thus looks better in shorter jackets.

Yes - that's what it's about at a practical level. The idea that jackets can only be worn one way, the 'right' way is a form of distasteful fundamentalism. :D

pak

One of the Regulars
Super, it is difficult for me to comprehend you being 'paralyzed with indecision'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner