Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit for my Wedding

Chips

New in Town
Hi all. I'm trying to put together a suit for my wedding. Its a fairly casual wedding so it deosnt need to be a 'wedding' suit, just something thats smart and good looking. I've been looking around and I don't really like any of the modern styles, but I've always like the older 'golden era' styles.

I've been playing around with www.asuitthatfits.com and have come up with the suit below, which I quite like. I was going for a 30's/40's style, but it will obviously be in a more modern cut.

What do you reckon to it? Also do you think the price is reasonable? I would be planning to use the measuring wizard to measure myself. I've no idea what a proper tailor would cost, but the price quoted below is nearing the top end of my budget :(

I think I may change the fabric to a grey with a pinstripe though. Also I'm planning on a nice Fedora for the wedding photos :)

aSuitThatFits01.jpg

Chips

New in Town
What do you think about the slim fit? Should I think about changing it to regular? I get the impression suits of the day were looser rather than figure hugging.

Chips

New in Town
billyspew said:
No problem. Let me know if you need any help with the hat selection ;)
I was thinking of an Akubra Stylemaster? I really like the slight rake to the front, plus it seems to be easy enough to get a hold of here.

billyspew

One Too Many
Chips said:
I was thinking of an Akubra Stylemaster? I really like the slight rake to the front, plus it seems to be easy enough to get a hold of here.
Getting :eek:fftopic: but can't PM you until you get to 16 posts...
If you intend to wear again, you might want to consider vintage, what size are you?

If you want to carry this on off-thread follow the link in my sig to get an email address.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I agree, figure hugging suits always make you look best and on your wedding that's what you want to do. As for the hat, vintage is always best but not always obtainable and one doesn't always have the same amount of choice. I think an Akubra Stylemaster is fine if you like it as people say a lot of good things about that brand on this forum which I have yet to see for myself when I can afford another hat.

Chips

New in Town
Figure hugging it is then. They have options for regular, slim and ultra slim. I think I will just go for the slim option.

I would really like a vintage hat, but unfortunately I may not be able to find one as I don't have a lot of time. Its only 7 weeks until the wedding!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
If you only have seven weeks I'd say it's unlikely that you find a nice vintage hat in that time unless you're below size 7 US. I'm 7 3/8" US and I've been unsucessfully looking for six months. A modern hat will have to suffice. If you have the money maybe a custom from someone like Art Fawcett (also a member on this forum whose reputation speaks for itself).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic