Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits - Pre 1920

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
1912:

1912men_zps34480607.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On first sight it looks almost modern. The wide sleeves and the pressed lapels....

Of course the angeled chest pocket and crease in the sleeves are different.

volvomeister13

One of the Regulars

One could easily walk down the street today wearing either of those outfits today and totally pull it off- except the straw boaters, though. Really wish those would come back in style. I have seen them worn in Tokyo, though; albeit that's definitely a more "fashion forward" anything goes sort of city when it comes to clothes once you get outside the corporate world there.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
One could easily walk down the street today wearing either of those outfits today and totally pull it off- except the straw boaters, though. Really wish those would come back in style. I have seen them worn in Tokyo, though; albeit that's definitely a more "fashion forward" anything goes sort of city when it comes to clothes once you get outside the corporate world there.

I wear a straw boater almost everyday during the summer. You will find that with enough confidence and not giving a ---- about what other people think of it you can pull almost anything off. I've had old ladies come up to me on the street and say that they haven't seen one since their father or grandfather wore one.

volvomeister13

One of the Regulars
I wear a straw boater almost everyday during the summer. You will find that with enough confidence and not giving a ---- about what other people think of it you can pull almost anything off. I've had old ladies come up to me on the street and say that they haven't seen one since their father or grandfather wore one.

Major respect. That is awesome.

On a general note, was recently watching some silent movies from the period and have to say I love the 1910's. The clothes are a cool halfway-point between my two favorite eras, Victorian and the 1920's. They still have some of the old-fashioned sensibilities of the turn of the century, with some of the fun and variety of the 1920's beginning to appear. It's the best of both worlds.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I agree that's why my favorite years are the late teens. Everything about them is kinda quirky even the "conservative" models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran