Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits - Pre 1920

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Ok, now with the comparison (and noticing that it lacks a chest pocket), I take back my 20´s dating.
This very well appears to be pre-war.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
that is an early teens suit for sure.
There where so many variations at this time but this one is pre-1915
Thanks for the confirmation. Seeing as this was my first "in real life"-find, it's good to know that I can trust my judgment. :)

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
jazzy_caps_zps0e87669e.jpg

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
i especially like the contrast between the louder checks in the caps and striped socks against the black suits. And both are wearing quite interesting ties.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Damian, if you move the three close-set buttons higher and slim down the shoulders then i think you're on the way to the jazz suit. i didn't mean that this was the suit immediately prior to the jazz suit in chronological terms, but that you can see jazz suit DNA in there.

what's a Rah Rah suit ?

DamianM

Vendor
It was from the catalogs. I'm not near my hard drive but yes they would be call the newest Novelty styles - "Broadway" or "RAH RAH " suits.
The Broadway title would also stick to anything flashy and over the top i.e Rah Rah or Jazz suits.

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
Not all high button stance with angular pockets were jazz suits. I see a lot of confusion here and there
they were "up to the minute in style" but they were not jazz suits, just the newest designs.

Metatron

One Too Many
What a hideous moon! :eek:
Interesting that the pocket watch chain seems to go through an opening above the flap.
Two overlaping pockets? Or a false flap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR