Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits section on The Golden Era

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Will need maybe a couple more days, Still getting some picture of details.

I want this all to be original Fedora lounge material.

I'm having my friends Jake and Rob model some of their vintage suits to show how the cut of the 30's and 40's looked.

here are the sections I've been working on.
Details:
Photos and descriptions.
Bi-swing back
saddle stitch
notched lapel
peaked lapel
double breasted
single breasted
patch pocket
welt pocket
besom pocket
skeleton lining
belt back
norfolk
... and more

Fit:
Suits back then looked like they were made for the wearer.

What to look for when buying a suit.:
alot of people don't have a clue where to start and what brands are good or how to judge quality.

I need a little more time, work has been hectic. The section will have material in a couple of days.

Jsoftz

New in Town
Matt, i'm really looking forward to your suits section. As a kid who has never bought a suit before, I have no idea what to look for and my father really doesn't either. When I get a little older and hopefully get closer to my final size, I plan to go buy a nice one for myself and your guide is just the thing I am looking for.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Matt, i'm really looking forward to your suits section. As a kid who has never bought a suit before, I have no idea what to look for and my father really doesn't either. When I get a little older and hopefully get closer to my final size, I plan to go buy a nice one for myself and your guide is just the thing I am looking for.

The pressure mounts.

Herr Doktor

New in Town
I'm anxiusly waiting to see this section. Hopefully it will be up come Monday evening. ;)

I do have one question...will the section cover vintage suits only, or will it include modern made garments that have '30s styling (such as possible sources for off the rack purchase...Men's Wearhouse, etc) that can be tailored to fit? I was looking through some of the old posts, but didn't see anything addressing this as an option (maybe it doesn't exist as one?).

As much as I would love to get a suit that I could wear a Fedora with...I don't have the cash to spend on something custom made that I would wear infrequently.

Looking forward to future additions to The Golden Era.

Best,

Chris

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I do have one question...will the section cover vintage suits only, or will it include modern made garments that have '30s styling (such as possible sources for off the rack purchase...Men's Wearhouse, etc) that can be tailored to fit?

The section will cover vintage suits as well as modern suits.

I'm going to start out with the details of vintage suits and certain styling you may find.

In regards to companies that sell off the rack with vintage details (wider lapels and higher waisted pants) I will show you what i know.

Don't worry the suit section will be coming soon... Business has just been a little more hectic than it usually is durring the holidays.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
patience... I have no computer at home at the moment and I am having to write things down on paper. The office takes acception to me constantly writing about suits during work time.

I will have a setup at the new diggs soon and pages will appear soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo