Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Hat

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
For those in the market for a everyday Summer Straw, this may just be the ticket. I just received this hat and am quite impressed.:eusa_clap Is it as nice as my dress straws? No, but it is far less expensive. In the intense heat of Texas summers, a hat that provides shade and is cool to boot is a highly sought after prize. I have an assortment of straws, from Cuenca's to Panamas, to Guatemalans, to Shantungs, in a variety of styles, brim widths etc... I anticipate this may be my new favorite. The open weave crown allows for excellent air flow, and the brim width provides ample shade. The style name is Airway and there are numerous vendors from which it can be purchased. " The Stetson Airway is a Genuine Panama Hat hand-woven in Ecuador. The color of the panama hat is natural. The hat has a leather hat band and a leather chin strap. The brim width is 3" and the "under-brim" has solid material backing for additional UV protection. "

31.jpg

25.jpg

oval.jpg

Johnnysan

One Too Many
With a warning to bald guys...

...from my own experience. The open weave certainly is cool, but won't protect you from a sunburn with the coolest looking waffle pattern you'll ever see! lol

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
The sweat is fabric, I will wait till summer to evaluate it. Most of my straws have leather sweats, this will be a good way to compare. I can put a leather in at that time, if it is the more comfortable choice.
Here is a closer look at the sweat.

large2.jpg

BigSho

Vendor
Good looking hat bud my brother wears one just like it in the summer.

:eek:fftopic: Biltmore at one time put a stretchy terry cloth sweat into some of their straws. I always thought that it would be very comfortable and would soak up some of that sweat. Alas once again they never fit me. :p

Jeremy
Hats Plus Ltd.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Jeremy, I have a hat with that type of sweat, and it is not very comfortable to me. I feel as though, my head is in a vise. The constant squeezing effect is bothersome to me.

czack

One of the Regulars
Johnnysan said:
...from my own experience. The open weave certainly is cool, but won't protect you from a sunburn with the coolest looking waffle pattern you'll ever see! lol
Been there, done that.

jkingrph

Practically Family
czack said:
Been there, done that.
Guess you could stay out enough to get sunburned, but I never have. My opinion is that constant moving moves shadowlines of hatweave on your head and really slows down chances of sunburn. The breezy feeling of air moving through is nice and cool to me.

jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner