Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Suit - High Twist Wool (From Sartorialist)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
manton said:
Since high twist yarn is stronger, you can use less of it in the weave, especially in the fill, so that the resulting cloths is more porous and breathable.

Thank-you.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
jake_fink said:
It looks very late 60s/early 70s Peacock revolution chic to me, like something Bob Evans would have worn. It needs a feathery hair-do to cap it.

i think the colour is not helping, and giving it a 70s feel. it's clearly been made by someone referencing the 30s, with the patch pockets and top stitching around the lapels. i'd still like to know if it's bespoke or not.

p.s. the latest Sartorialist post has photos of the 20s picnic in NY.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I bet if you put a long pointy collared shirt, a '30s tie with a really small knot, a collar bar, and a fedora with that suit, it would look straight out of the '30s.
I think it's the tie, the collar and the guy's hair which are giving it a 70s vibe.

It's an interesting take on the style. I'm also getting the peacock vibe, though, more than 30s.

A number of the weird balance issues i suspect come from the severe drop of the left shoulder (perhaps because of the bags he's carrying; see how much higher the right thumb, hand, cuff, etc.), and the pose - people just don't know how to pose. Leaning back on the left leg is accentuating the left side drop emanating from the shoulders.

Tie is horrific.

DBParkAveDetail.jpg

bk

StanleyVanBuren

I actually like a lot about this look but that tie knot is too big, even for me.

I do like the cut of the suit, it's a DB but it's slim -- I think the pocket issues are due to poor stance and that's all; and I like the height & spread of the guy's collar. I think this guy is very very close and if a few things were tweaked he'd look 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy