Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunrise Hat Company felt (nutria) and hatters’ tools

I totally get that. They aren’t cheap and it’s a huge disappointment when they go bad after putting in so much work.

I’m looking forward to your review of your latest Gannon…has it shipped?
Now the border is opened and the testing requirement dropped I am getting him to ship it to Blaine WA. I will pick it up mid April when we get back from a short vacation. Delayed gratification!!!

Now the border is opened and the testing requirement dropped I am getting him to ship it to Blaine WA. I will pick it up mid April when we get back from a short vacation. Delayed gratification!!!

Ah, anticipation!

I’m trying to get back to BC this summer. We’ll fly in to Victoria where my sister will pick us up. I really miss the peace and coolness of Piers Island (out side Sidney) in the summer.

FYI: the 160g hat bodies are mostly back in stock (some are still showing out of stock). Interestingly, there is a new color called sea glass. I asked for a photo of it as it currently isn’t shown on the website.

Edit: this is how Sunrise described the color: “…it’s like a slightly lighter less deep version of the forest we had in the past.” I was promised a photo tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sea glass:

B347B5C8-8805-4545-8887-E39335E066C3.jpeg

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
Does anyone have a hat made with their Espresso nutria hat body? From the pics it seems black, but they told me it’s more like a deep sable.

The Espresso seems so black… But I’ve ordered two of them basing on the pics from another hatter… Does anybody have actual pics of the Espresso color?
I have never purchased that colour but I do have a set of their colour swatches. The Expresso is a very dark brown that I would say has black in the dye. Nice colour but it is a very very dark brown. It may lighten up a bit on the pounce.

Their dress weight is now up to $150. I think the first time I purchased they were $100. A 50% increase in less than 3 years....now that is inflation.

My first dress weight in 2020 was a smaller 150g felt and it was $105. In 2021 the 160g was $115, and in 2022 it was $125. As they sell out of almost everything long before the next shipment arrives I suppose it’s good business sense for them to raise the prices. They are still cheaper than the Ukrainian (Millinery Warehouse) 100% beaver dress felts and I greatly prefer the nutria/coypu so far.

I don’t like the price increases we’ve seen in felt, but it’s the lack of availability that is my greater concern.

I have been stocking up whereever and whenever I can so have close to 200 felts in my stock. I should be able to withstand the apocalypse.
My first dress weight in 2020 was a smaller 150g felt and it was $105. In 2021 the 160g was $115, and in 2022 it was $125. As they sell out of almost everything long before the next shipment arrives I suppose it’s good business sense for them to raise the prices. They are still cheaper than the Ukrainian (Millinery Warehouse) 100% beaver dress felts and I greatly prefer the nutria/coypu so far.

I don’t like the price increases we’ve seen in felt, but it’s the lack of availability that is my greater concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana