Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutria Vs Beaver for Western hat

Robieman

A-List Customer
Good to hear from you. I agree that the same felt can make very different hats in the hands of different hatters and with different objectives. I can’t wait to see what Gannon can do. Is your western Gannon malleable enough to take back to open crown and recrease without reblocking the hat?
Yes. I have actually steamed 2 different creases and had no problem changing them. Certainly it’s not like the older hats, but for a Winchester, I was very impressed with the job Mr Gannon did with it. I did several dry bashes with it before deciding which worked best. It held the shapes I tried very well. Once I decided on the crease I liked, I steamed it in. I think you will enjoy the one he’s gonna do for you

Yes. I have actually steamed 2 different creases and had no problem changing them. Certainly it’s not like the older hats, but for a Winchester, I was very impressed with the job Mr Gannon did with it. I did several dry bashes with it before deciding which worked best. It held the shapes I tried very well. Once I decided on the crease I liked, I steamed it in. I think you will enjoy the one he’s gonna do for you

Thanks! That’s just the info I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21