Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweet Sweats

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not sweet, nice or old like the ones posted here but it is the only one I ever have seen. Don't know here does it come from. Maybe Staples employees?
20140402sweat.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joao - I think you need to hunt out some more of these commercial oddities - it could be the start of an interesting collection.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
only limited by the imagination of the designers

The design is just a "detail". The production methods have changed massively. Deep em- and debossing and foil stampings like on the old sweats are extremely expensive, compared to the superficial and cheap prints of today. It takes very different knowhow, craftsmanship and machinery to make that sort of quality. In this context, the design is just a "small detail" :)

Before 1940 sweatbands were beautiful across the board. The Nutria hats were moderately expensive, but the straw hat posted above was a modest $5.00 hat. An old sweat in fine condition is a thing of beauty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24