Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swing dance moves

whistlebait

One of the Regulars
For some great examples - check out: www.dcswingdancing.com
I'm up there right now,
[under Cat Gill -Spanish Ballroom Jam - November 19, 2005]
but my last aeriel really flopped - so It's not the best example of what I can do.

Still, these are the places I go and the people I dance with. If you want to see something really impressive, click on Natalie Gomes & Yuval Hod [under assorted clips.]

Cat: I watched the clips you suggessted and honestly I thought you were just as good as the other couple. Really. :)
I attempted to learn east coast over a year ago, but I found the whole scene to be rather pretentious. I really don't see the point in refering to other dancers in a ranking manner, when they are not competing. What is the point? It all seems like a lot of smoke blowing to me. [huh]

D

Deleted member 259

whistlebait said:
Cat: I watched the clips you suggessted and honestly I thought you were just as good as the other couple. Really. :)

Which other couple?

whistlebait

One of the Regulars
The other couple you mentioned in your post, Natalie and Yuval. I didn't mean to sound bitter in my post, I just had a less than nice experience, that's all. What I meant was that it seemed like you were putting your own performance down and you shouldn't because you are just as important as anyone else. :)

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
LindyPBDA1-vi.jpg

LindyPBDA2-vi.jpg

JBLindy-vi.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Dancing with the Stars.

Incidentally, this thursday nite, ABC tv is reactivating the summer hit DancingwiththeStars. A new group of competitors.
Ballroom Jive is certainly a different animal from Lindyhop, but it should be interesting to check out.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
My sweetie (johnnydnh) and I would like to learn to swing dance. Which style of dancing would be the best for us beginners to try? They have lessons for East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, and Lindy Hop at the Learning Exchange out here.

Snookie

Practically Family
East Coast Swing is the easiest of the three choices you have, but you should be able to learn any of them if you have the confidence to try! Ask if you can stop by the lessons and see the different styles, so you know what you prefer. Also, your choice in music can help you decide -- East Coast swing often goes best with 50's music and neo-swing, Lindy Hop is great for 30's and 40's Big Band, and West Coast Swing is danced to a variety of music, largely non-"swing".

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Rob, saw the picture of you and Trix, how tall are you?
I've been learning swing as well, I'm not going to any private lessons, but have found this dance tape that explains the moves pretty well. It's called, 'Let's dance swing' featuring John Hill.
so far it's a blast, but then, I'm still just learning the basic moves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda