Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TA DA!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, a good deal of the senior members on the lounge knows of my true identity… but, I felt that I will step out into the light here.

Yes, Forgotten Man is I, Rob, who used to fly under the Wild Root name plate. I have returned to the Lounge to rekindle old friendships and to make a few new ones.

I ran into MK on Saturday at John’s back yard party last Saturday and from what I could tell was happy to see me. He asked why I didn’t send him a message to renew my old account; I simply said: Wild Root is retired and that I wanted to start fresh with a new name. I didn’t come right out in the start because I was waiting for the right time… I wanted to surprise everyone but, I did a lousy job at disguising my identity lol

My goal here is to offer advice and info about the golden age as I have in the past, but, I will not be posting photos as I used to. I hope to simply enjoy the community and share the excitement and enjoyment with the rest of the members of the things I have a deep passion for… the 1920’s to the 1950’s.

So, now you all know who I am, and I hope to contribute in a small and humble way.

Rob.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Contributions in "small and humble way" are unacceptable. Dive in. Let those without courage and conviction depart the field of battle.

Welcome back, friend.

--Not the Lulu

S

Samsa

Welcome back!!! It really is hard to stay away from this place for long.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
The Forgotten Man.

Well, my new name sake comes from one of my favorite movies "My Man Godfrey" staring William Powell and Carrole Lumbard.

During the Great Depression, a "Forgotten Man" was a man who was a WWI vet, who was down by the respression of the government in not receiving the money the government promised him... the Bonus Army camps thoughout the US were filled with "Forgotten Men" and this clip from Gold Diggers of 1933 sang by Joan Blondell tells it better then I can!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfQhowaMATw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfQhowaMATw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

=R

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Wow - it is really, really great to have you back, Rob. I may not be one of the Lounge's big names but I loved all your posts. Place wasn't quite the same without you.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
Yes, Forgotten Man is I, Rob, who used to fly under the Wild Root name plate. I have returned to the Lounge to rekindle old friendships and to make a few new ones.

:eusa_clap Woo Hoo! I'm so glad you're back, you've been missed! And the dramatic reveal--very stylish Sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo