Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tan Shoes with Pink Shoelaces

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Applying the tenets of queer theory, by which gender scholars reclaim history in, for, and toward a more inclusive context, we must confront the possibility that Dooley's assertive masculinity is purely performative: his dandyism, a gay male prerogative since the time of Oscar Wilde, may well be the true expression of his sexuality despite his presumed interest in the subject, the presumed-female singer, or indeed the singer, who is audibly female, may herself be recapitulating, even interpellating, the role of a gay male, raising the question of who is whose "beard" as well as whose transgressiveness is more fully embodied, that on the sound recording or that merely spoken of in terms of the accessories of both hegemonic masculinity and its traditionally unspoken opposite, style.

Write a more convoluted sentence than that and I'll spit-shine your shoes by mail.

Thanks for clearing that up...I was more concerned that the singing was not in sync with the lips....lol :D

Peacoat

Bartender
H.Johnson said:
Strangely, I just acquired a pair of (mens') grey suede brogue shoes from a vintage shop and they have pink laces - I was going to replace them, but I wonder if they are original?

I already had the Panama hat with the purple band...

I think I would leave them the way they are. May well be original. Plus grey and pink look good together, if one is man enough to wear pink.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Pink and grey or pink and black were the hot colours for young guys in the mid-late 50s. Having been there and done that, I can vouch for its veracity.

While I'm not considering a personal return to those colors, I think I'm gonna pick up some pink shoelaces and wear them in my tan suede shoes just to see if anyone catches the reference.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Done, thanks. I'm ashamed to say I wasn't familiar with the song and this fashion must have missed the UK in the 1950s. The shoes are NOS and a brand with which I am not familiar. Possibly American.

Now I'm looking out for the polka-dot vest and the rest of the outfit.

Peacoat said:
I think I would leave them the way they are. May well be original. Plus grey and pink look good together, if one is man enough to wear pink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran