Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

MissS

A-List Customer
TessTrueheart said:
This thread is cool! Everyone has such fabulous artwork! I can't show you mine, I am on my 8th laser treatment to have it removed and it's almost gone...

Tess, I've always wondered how that worked...does it hurt? How many more treatments do you need?

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
I wanted to show my appreciation for Metallica when I was 19. i still love them, but I'm out of my "rocker chick" phase and just want to be looked at like a lady. I start laser treatments in September

jillianclz-1-2.jpg

MissS

A-List Customer
Wow, Magnolia, I didn't know they could remove such a large one! Did they say how many treatments you may need? Is it done by a doctor?

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
Yes I went to this great Doc outside of Boston. He said because it is all black and white (apparently color is much harder to remove) most of it can be removed. 6 Sessions, $600 per session. It's very much a part of me, but I can't feel beautiful in a backless gown with it on my back. If there are any left over remnants of ink, I will cover them with a few small stars or something. How did you do with your laser treatments TessTrueHeart?

pgoat

One Too Many
Prairie Dog said:
The strongest singer this year on AI was Carly Smithson. :eusa_clap
Unfortunately the voting public could not get beyond the ink she had all over her arm.:(

a-carly-smithson-photo1.jpg
Their loss....

TessTrueheart

MissS said:
Tess, I've always wondered how that worked...does it hurt? How many more treatments do you need?

Yup, it hurts! It hurts more than the tattoo needle. And it's expensive...:( But it will be worth it in the end. My tattoo wasn't ugly or badly done or anything like that, but I was very unhappy when I had it done and it kept reminding me of bad times.I figure I need one more treatment.

TessTrueheart

magnolia76 said:
Yes I went to this great Doc outside of Boston. He said because it is all black and white (apparently color is much harder to remove) most of it can be removed. 6 Sessions, $600 per session. It's very much a part of me, but I can't feel beautiful in a backless gown with it on my back. If there are any left over remnants of ink, I will cover them with a few small stars or something. How did you do with your laser treatments TessTrueHeart?

I've done pretty well so far although it is quite painful. I hope to get rid of it altogether. I hope it works out well for you too, good luck!

lillielil

Familiar Face
i_am_the_scruff said:
Thank you very much TheDutchess and Canadave :D

My artist is amazing, and a lady which is also great :D

:eek:fftopic: lillielil you said your wife but you're female.. do you have a civil partnership? I think that's great :)

According to the government we've got nada. According to our family, church, and credit card bills (that wedding was expensive!) we're 100% married.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
lillielil said:
(that wedding was expensive!)

My invitation seemed to have gotten lost in the mail. :( For some reason, I only get invites to cheap city-park weddings with an assortment of pigs-in-a-blanket and diet root beer. Figures.

Richard

lillielil

Familiar Face
LocktownDog said:
My invitation seemed to have gotten lost in the mail. :( For some reason, I only get invites to cheap city-park weddings with an assortment of pigs-in-a-blanket and diet root beer. Figures.

Richard

Yikes! I did send an invitation to the White House, but didn't even get a "regret" RSVP. How rude...

ok, back on topic now!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Graeme said:
A friend of mine worked in an old folks home, an elderly woman there was tattoo'd, she had them done in the 20's. She used to spend quite a bit of time down the docks;)

I always thought that must have been a pretty unusual thing for a woman then.

You should head down there with a camera and document them! And if possible a video camera and interview her on her life!

pgoat

One Too Many
mike said:
You should head down there with a camera and document them! And if possible a video camera and interview her on her life!
:eusa_clap +1

Oral histories are great if she will agree to it.

mike

Call Me a Cab
pgoat said:
:eusa_clap +1

Oral histories are great if she will agree to it.

Absolutely, I need to get motivated to head down to philly and pursue Jack Dracula with a video camera before it becomes a moot point :eusa_doh:

If you're not familiar this is some info although there's plenty more, like how he was a circus geek! He's ancient and I know roughly where he lives...

After much debating, I now wear a short sleeved shirt at work (I couldn't decide if it would be classed as 'offensive' or not, as sated in the employee handbook).

I often get comments on them, they are after all, pretty darn big, but the other day this old lady came up to me (after taking her food & drink from me & sitting down for a while) and said 'what's that on your arms?' I explained 'a tattoo' and she replied 'ugh, it's awful, not lady like at all' She went on to explain to me that 'the only way you can get rid of that is to have skin grafts' lol

I don't think she'd noticed the rest of me, I'm not exactly the most lady like person in the world...

I've been having tattoos since I was 18 and I'm still working on my sleeves, eventually both my arms & across my back will be covered. The way I see it, if I need to be particularly 'ladylike' for an occasion, I can wear long sleeves.

DSC00066-1.jpg

One of my arms, really badly photographed. It's a butterfly, well half a butterfly, the other half is on the other arm. the whole thing goies right up to my shoulder, but it'sreally difficult to photograph because it's so faint. Long story, crappy tattooist.

and my favourite; bought for me by my best friend
hearts.jpg

Crane's

Familiar Face
I have a tat of a tiger stalking along a waterfall in the jungle at sunrise. My favorite animal is the tiger and I am a hunter so it fits my personality. I got it in my late thirties and it took several years to finally decide to get it. It's on my left upper arm so it can be covered which I feel is a necessity in the business world.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Ink REMOVAL

Co worker recently wanted large
visible ink art removed.Laser removal
treatments can be painful to your
ARM & to your WALLET ($130.00+ per
SQUARE INCH :eek: )

Solid Citizen :(

TessTrueheart

Solid Citizen said:
Co worker recently wanted large
visible ink art removed.Laser removal
treatments can be painful to your
ARM & to your WALLET ($130.00+ per
SQUARE INCH :eek: )

Solid Citizen :(

Yup, it's painful in so many ways. I have paid ca 1100 dollars so far, and I'm not done yet.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
The only thing unlady like about a tatoo is if the person is unlady like. Does that make since? I've seen some very feminine women, the essence of a lady, with tats. And, I certainly hope I am lady like myself!
Anyhoooooooooooo, I enjoy showing the tats on my back, upper back.
The next one I am contemplating (yes, I cant spell, lol)
From the Scottish side of my family.
with out the name at the bottom
malcolmcrest.gif

or simpliar

malcolm_gifStamped.gif

or the moto crest
MalcolmCr.jpg

Pretty Faythe - I like the one right at the bottom, that would be a cool tattoo yea!!

I dunno if I'm *that* ladylike, or the opposite, I'm certainly not manly lol I can pull of baing a lady quite well I think. I don't swear (often), I have manners, I sit with my legs together, never flash my undergarments (unless by accident)...

I like my tatts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari