Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi all,
Well, I got my tattoos when I was 14/15.....a long, long time ago. At the time I was into them and thought I'd never regret getting them. Now I wish I could get rid of them! I feel like...I'm destined to wear the same shirt, or something, day after day, after day...for the rest of my life!
X
BD

Edward

Bartender
Hi all,
Well, I got my tattoos when I was 14/15.....a long, long time ago. At the time I was into them and thought I'd never regret getting them. Now I wish I could get rid of them! I feel like...I'm destined to wear the same shirt, or something, day after day, after day...for the rest of my life!
X
BD

The 'permanency' of a tattoo may be something that just doesn't appeal to everybody, even folks who get one then regret it years later. That said, of all the folks I've known who regretted their tattoo, some of whom have even gone so far as removal, they tend to be folks who got a tattoo when very young - especially if under the legal age (here in the UK you have to be 18, afaik). I imagine I'd be the same. I dread to think what a fifteen year old me would have had inked on my person.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
The 'permanency' of a tattoo may be something that just doesn't appeal to everybody, even folks who get one then regret it years later. That said, of all the folks I've known who regretted their tattoo, some of whom have even gone so far as removal, they tend to be folks who got a tattoo when very young - especially if under the legal age (here in the UK you have to be 18, afaik). I imagine I'd be the same. I dread to think what a fifteen year old me would have had inked on my person.

True, Edward. I'm lucky I didn't get anything too 'cutesy' or ridiculous at that age...I mean no Winnie the Pooh or anything! *lol* My tastes haven't changed too much in the 19 years since I got my tattoos; I've always just liked basic designs. Still...to not have them.....*sighs* Though, I wouldn't get them removed, as I'm not sure I'd like that result either. I'd rather have my tattoos than scars!

X
BD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
A Blue Marlin, on my left shoulder, which I designed myself.

I have always had a great affinity with the sea, and to me, the Blue Marlin, encompasses all the speed, power, beauty and ferocity that this part of nature has to offer. I had the tattoo done, after spending years pursuing, catching, and releasing one, back into the wild.

I've had it for over twenty years, and have never regretted it.

Danny O

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
tumblr_lbhyp7VhdZ1qd276bo1_400.jpg

Stella Grassman, 1920 http://****yeahmodernflapper.tumblr.com

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
BD: How many tattoos do you have an what are they of?

Hi shazzabanazza, I have two (though, technically three as I had one redone over top of another). *sighs* One is an art deco black rose, the other a black star.

And you? Or perhaps you've already said and I've missed it!

A Blue Marlin, on my left shoulder, which I designed myself.

I have always had a great affinity with the sea, and to me, the Blue Marlin, encompasses all the speed, power, beauty and ferocity that this part of nature has to offer. I had the tattoo done, after spending years pursuing, catching, and releasing one, back into the wild.

I've had it for over twenty years, and have never regretted it.

Danny O

I have yet to see it...you refuse to show it off in the Club!

X
BD

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Hi shazzabanazza, I have two (though, technically three as I had one redone over top of another). *sighs* One is an art deco black rose, the other a black star.

And you? Or perhaps you've already said and I've missed

X
BD

A black rose..Neat :) I thought you may of had a black dahlia :lol:

I dont have any tattoos

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Danny O,
Eeep! You swore to never bring up that incident again! :eek:
X
BD

BD,

I know, however, I'm sure you weren't as embarrassed as the band's brass section. I did mention to them, what would happen if they played "that" song, and that it probably wasn't a good idea, to dare you!

It's part of the rich history of the Club, now.....

Danny O
x

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
BD,

I know, however, I'm sure you weren't as embarrassed as the band's brass section. I did mention to them, what would happen if they played "that" song, and that it probably wasn't a good idea, to dare you!

It's part of the rich history of the Club, now.....

Danny O
x

Danny O,

Oh my goodness! It's incredible what 'that tune' and a few glasses of bubbly do to me. All of the sudden, I think I'm 'one of the boys', talk like a sailor and bare my tattoos. Tsk! I'm surprised you didn't have me extricated from the Club that evening!

*LOL*
X
BD

Last edited:

Vivian Rutledge

New in Town
I have a few, and some are quiet large. On my left arm I have a half sleeve of Mucha's Poetry piece and on my right arm (almost the whole thing) is another Art Nouveau piece. I haven't regretted them at all, maybe because they are works of art to me and I adore Art Nouveau & Deco. I've had some weird looks when I wear my vintage dresses with my tattoos showing though.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Danny O,

Oh my goodness! It's incredible what 'that tune' and a few glasses of bubbly do to me. All of the sudden, I think I'm 'one of the boys', talk like a sailor and bare my tattoos. Tsk! I'm surprised you didn't have me extricated from the Club that evening!

*LOL*
X
BD

BD,

I fear that it wasn't the bubbly that caused the sudden foray into burlesque, but the rum tots that followed. That really was taking the "sailor theme" quite literally! Apparently, the front tables were booked up for weeks afterwards, perhaps expecting a repeat performance!

No, I wouldn't have you extricated from the Club....never.

Danny O
x

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Hey there! I already had my rose tattoo at the time I got into the Black Dahlia case. Interesting to note though, that in one book I read about her, it stated she had a rose tattoo! Odd.
X
BD
PS lucky you with no tattoos!

Hey that is odd!

Excuse my ignorance, what is The Portobello Club? :eek:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hey that is odd!

Excuse my ignorance, what is The Portobello Club? :eek:

Hi there, it's a a place where me and a friend regularly hang out *waves*, have a drink or two, and put the world to rights! However, said friend has broken one of the Club's golden rules...tsk, tsk.

BD,

I fear that it wasn't the bubbly that caused the sudden foray into burlesque, but the rum tots that followed. That really was taking the "sailor theme" quite literally! Apparently, the front tables were booked up for weeks afterwards, perhaps expecting a repeat performance!

No, I wouldn't have you extricated from the Club....never.

Danny O
x

Erm....you've broken one of the most important rules of the Club: 'what happens in the Club, stays in the Club.' I'm sure no one wants to hear about my sailor-burlesque-grind on the table to 'that tune.'

Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum.....I had no clue that anyone had expected a repeat performance! The horror! :eek:

X
BD

Last edited:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Erm....you've broken one of the most important rules of the Club: 'what happens in the Club, stays in the Club.' I'm sure no one wants to hear about my sailor-burlesque-grind on the table to 'that tune.'

Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum.....I had no clue that anyone had expected a repeat performance! The horror! :eek:

X
BD

Hi BD,

*waves* back! I had every intention of keeping it in the Club, but then it wasn't me that stepped out of the front door, halfway through their performance, or had you forgotten that too!

Clem mentioned, that the CCTV footage has now been deleted, so no harm done. See you tomorrow night......and stay away from the rum!

Danny O
x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner