Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

AvavanBlythe

Familiar Face
I know. It could be really bad by the time my kids are teenagers. I hope I don't have conversations that start with, "Why can't I have a facial tattoo? All the other girls have one." :confused:

Haha. A good compromise would be a temporary tattoo. They can get the art without the regret.

Being an artist, and having designed a few tattoos before, I admire tattoos. I'm picky, since I'm not a fan of the cliché tribal tattoos or tramp stamps. Being a lover of 'real' Celtic history I've studied tattooing from woading, as well as my Asian side's history, where tattoos are symbolic to indigenous tribes. Gauges and tattoos may seem modern, but they date back to possibly the 1400s or earlier for many Austronesian tribes.

My brother has some that he's designed and I've helped design, which have started many interesting philosophical conversations. I understand the misgivings of tattoos, but a tattoo can be a beautiful piece of art, and they can be hidden with DermaBlend should the need arise. ;)

Edward

Bartender
Otzi the Iceman, as he's known, is believe to date from 3300BC, and he has tattoos; some Egyptian artwork suggests tattooing could have been around there as far back as 4000BC. Not only is a tattoo forever, but tattoos have been around basically forever. ;)

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
If I had gotten some of the tattoos I wanted when I was a teenager, I'm sure I'd regret them now. However, the two that I have took three years to decide if I wanted them on my body permanently. I can say without a doubt that I am not going to regret the tattoos I have nor ones that I will get in the future.

My love of horror and literature has been a constant in my life and won't be going away. I am a big fan of H.P. Lovecraft and I'm planning to turn these two into a sleeve with more cosmic horror!

IMG_20151122_075837_edit_zpsefvne0xk.jpg
IMG_20151122_075722_edit_zpss2gz0zip.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21