Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teamster back length

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hello!
My Teamster is on the point of going into production and Christine has asked me to green light the spec's I have listed at post 14. This has got me sweating and as this is my first forray into top end leather, im possible getting bogged down in minor detail and second guessing myself.

I'm 6'3 and by the looks of the photos in his Teamster thread, a similar build to Dav. Ideally I would like a fit like Dav has here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?66875-Plain-Teamster/page5 (sorry, cant figure out how to copy paste the photo) so do you think my requested 29 inch back will cover this or should I go longer. I really dont want to get it wrong and have to return the beast.

many thanks

Garry

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I recall Dav is ~6' tall; I am 6'2"' and my Teamster has a back length of 28.5" but the bottom seam hits me at least 2"'higher than Dav's. To be on the safe side maybe consider a 31" back. [huh]

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
In reality I think you will be fine with anything between 29" and 31" given your height. In any case, I've changed my mind about 31" and will say 30". Maybe the determining factor will be whether you have a long or short torso in relation to your 6'3" height. HD had told me in a PM a long time ago that he didn't like to sit on leather, and that was the reason he always went shorter. I will say that I don't have a problem sitting in a car or train to work while wearing my Teamster buttoned or unbuttoned. I don't think that body length will be a big deal with you if everything else works.

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Thanks for the resposes fellas. I'm dealing with Christine regarding the jacket Sloan and I have not discussed it with her. I think I will stick with the 29 Fanch. Thats the size I wanted when I ordered and I'm a great believer of sticking with first choices if unsure, ive just had too long to think about it! Everything elso on the jacket is pretty bang on. Standard sleeves are about half an inch longer than what my measurement is but that will be lost in break in. My torso is pretty much average for my height so im sure all will be well.

Photos to follow when it gets here.

regards

Garry

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183