Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Telephone Number Cards

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My new number here inthe Bronx starts with 231, which HAS to be BElmont 1. I'm near the Belmont section of the Bronx, which is where Dion and the Belmonts came from. I'm current;y bidding on a nice WE 302, so I guess the next step will be the number plate.
Shaul-Ike, what are the first 3 characters? That doesn't sound quite right.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
sadly, the plethora of area codes here in LA.....makes this way less -cute- for anything other then the number plate...

somehow.....(area code) WOrd #-####

just isnt the same...but if you don't give others the area code....in LA they will have about 8 options of area code for that number.....

o well....

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
"Operator, give me Pasadena...SOandso 0-0000"

Ok....I qualify my statement.....I meant practical in the -2008- world.....:rolleyes:

Otherwise would be quite nice to put on personal cards......one can -explain- the letters part...if needed.....or can just function as a test of worthiness of calling me......

GI Joe

Familiar Face
I put this in the Display Case a while back.

I updated my Western Electric Model 302 with new cords from http://oldphoneworks.com/index.asp?currency=USD
and just now put on the finishing touch, an new dial card with my current phone number with a Ma Bell exchange name.

I found it at http://www.vintageswank.com/vintage-...d-inserts.html

For $2.75 they print in the exchange and number in the correct font. They have dial cards for many other makes, too. Email them at their contact page. They were very helpful.

panamag8or

Practically Family
My home phone still uses the original FRanklin (37) exchange. My cell phone starts with 87, and I haven't decided wich exchange name to adopt for it, or whether I'll just make one up.

I made a FRanklin number card last year for my old 302.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy