Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tenjin rocks!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Blue, I am going with 42. The shoulders would be too wide on a 44. They mentioned that if I order, I would not get it until Nov-Dec

Just in case here some pictures with a measuring tape
Just checking, but this how you would measure a jacket that fits, correct? :oops:

6Sozr7v.jpg

AS1VmQv.jpg

0tus1Wo.jpg

Hc7zFv4.jpg

jerez

One of the Regulars
Thank you Red! Man, I might have to contact them and ask them about a 44 custom instead. 18 are fine for shoulders but 20 for pit to pit will not work. I hope they can do custom

sweetfights

I asked Tenjin about a size 42 Single Natural Color Jacket JS02
Here are the dimension, stock, they gave me:

○ Width of a garment ... 112cm
Length: 70.5 cm
○ Sleeve length ... 66.5 cm
○ Shoulder width ... 48.5 cm

jerez

One of the Regulars
Thanks sweetfights. Those numbers look more like a 42. It could be that the JS02 cut has a different fit than devil's JW02.

red devil

Thanks sweetfights. Those numbers look more like a 42. It could be that the JS02 cut has a different fit than devil's JW02.

I am still not experienced with measuring jackets, as I normally let the maker sort the best fit according to my body measurements or in this case try it directly at the shop.

What measurements should a standard & accurate 42 have?

Edit: trying a sample in the shop, this was made to order with custom sleeve length

jerez

One of the Regulars
Thank you red devil! I have noticed that 42s (stock) tend to be 18.5 - 19" for shoulder width and 22-23" on pit to pit. The width at waist varies from 19-22". I am usually a 40 on stock which is usually 18-18.5 shoulders and 21.5 - 22.5 pit to pit and about 20" waist. The RMCs 42s generally measure to a 40 size (at least for me). Heck, I would be more than happy to ship them one of my jackets to get a good fit.

red devil

Thank you red devil! I have noticed that 42s (stock) tend to be 18.5 - 19" for shoulder width and 22-23" on pit to pit. The width at waist varies from 19-22". I am usually a 40 on stock which is usually 18-18.5 shoulders and 21.5 - 22.5 pit to pit and about 20" waist. The RMCs 42s generally measure to a 40 size (at least for me). Heck, I would be more than happy to ship them one of my jackets to get a good fit.

Maybe not a bad idea... might be worthwhile asking them about this.
Shipping to Japan might a bit expensive though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana