Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Terminator: Salvation

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Who's ready for it? It's the most fun a person can have, trying to figure out the predestination paradox....;)

I've been a fan of the franchise since the first movie, and can't wait to see what McG and Bale have in store for us in the latest incarnation....

Rob

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I'm with you man, can't wait to see it. I was surprised at the PG-13 rating, but I'm sure it'll be done right.

Tommer

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Nothing can be worse than T3....;)

According to the buzz, McG will be releasing the R/Unrated version on DVD, adding 30-40 minutes of extras (blood, gore, boobs, etc) that didn't make it to the PG-13 release.... Rob

Feraud

Bartender
While I will never be able to get Christian Bale's obscenity filled rant against his co-worker out of my head, I'll be there this weekend.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Early reviews are promising!!!
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2009/05/19/2009-05-19_bale_machines_knock_em_dead_in_new_terminator.html

gal_posters36.jpg

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
I think most of the problem is that people are comparing it to the earlier versions, but other than recurring characters, it's NOT Terminator 1, 2 or 3....Arnie is not cracking jokes or being humorous, there's no time travel, and it's a post-apocalypse setting...how can a person find humor in that? :eusa_doh:

One of the main gripes has been lack of character definition; Marcus is the main guy here, so he's the focus....John Connor is secondary, as most fans already know his story anyway, and a lot of people are wondering how Kyle Reese fits in (I can't figure out why he's there to begin with, with his grown son (Connor)...that's a plot hole that hasn't been answered to my satisfaction yet)....yes, it probably could have used another 30 minutes of "fleshing out", but hey, it's a summer blockbuster, which means lots of FX and popcorn sales....and, it's the box office numbers that count! :D
Rob

irb

Familiar Face
I hope it's good, and don't want to detract anything from what I hope is its success, but is it really the Terminator without James Cameron?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
irb said:
I hope it's good, and don't want to detract anything from what I hope is its success, but is it really the Terminator without James Cameron?
The last one sure wasnt.
Looking forward to Cameron's return to sci-fi with Battle Angel , and Avatar.
I hear theres a chance he might remake ForbiddenPlanet.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
a friend called me right after he saw it yesterday...

i don't want to say anything that may ruin it for anybody...i haven't seen it yet...

one question, wouldn't Reese only be a plot hole if they had him with Connor at the wrong time? he was born during the war and was with Connor until they defeated the machines and found the time machine...he doesn't specify the year he was born(i think)...

the only plot hole i can see is if he was with Connor at the beginning which would contradict what he said in T1...

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but that's the issue I have...Kyle Reese. In this installment, he's about 16-18 years old, and Connor's 34....realistically, either he, or John Connor, shouldn't be there....unless you buy the theory of "altered pasts" (i.e., T1 and T2 didn't happen at all, as they were avoided by the very nature of the story line they followed...no fate but what was made).
Rob

vintage68

Practically Family
Saw it yesterday and really liked it. Special effects were seamless, and the story was very good. Not quite up to James Cameron standards, but very good and worth the price of admission.

Feraud

Bartender
Saw it yesterday. Marcus Wright was the interesting storyline. I thought this movie was better than Wolverine Origins.

If anyone watched the Sarah Connor Chronicles I believe the Kyle Reese plot hole was explained in the final episode.

Edward

Bartender
I'm gonig to give it a go anyhow. Funnily enough, I much preferred T3 over T2.... more interesting plot to me, no annoying kid who we are told is ten but can only be eight (whoops..... T1 set "now" in 84, T2 set in 92....) and behaves and looks at least 14.... Meh. I saw that again a couple of years ago and spent most of it wishing the T1000 would rip the kid's head off.....

What I loved about T3 was how its ending totally spun the whole premise of the future being unwritten and malleable on its head. That was unexpected, and a great way to end it - none of this happy-clappy nonsense you get in most Hoolywood effluent.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
I think that if the movie had been a little longer, some of the characters could have been fleshed-out and developed a little more, and a few plot holes could have been plugged; I'm going to see it again, as the opinion is that it gets better the second time around....
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112