Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texas rising

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
But that drive from Georgetown to San Antonio is the worst drive imaginable. Last time I drove it, it was about 5 hours, with 3 hours from San Marcos into San Antonio...and that's about 50 miles, all Interstate. Just brutal.

Ah. Last time we did it was 2007, and it was about 90 minutes. Not bad. But that was 8 years ago, and no kid whining in the back seat. Maybe we'll rethink that plan. :D

(I'd be content to just drive down to Luling and eat at City Market, but Hubby and Paw-Paw want Lily to know her Texas heritage, so we go sightseeing.)

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Well..what I can say with certainty is the first episode of Texas was no Lonesome Dove by any stretch of the imagination like it was sure hyped up to be.

Funny you should mention Lonesome Dove. We've been watching that together (he's seen it dozens of times, this is my first), and when we started watching Texas Rising last night (first episode), I was wishing that it were more like Lonesome Dove. At least that kept my attention!

Ah. Last time we did it was 2007, and it was about 90 minutes. Not bad. But that was 8 years ago, and no kid whining in the back seat. Maybe we'll rethink that plan. :D

Probably depends on the time of day, day of the week and week of the year. But that I35 corridor can drive you nuts. Georgetown to Washington-on-the-Brazos, on the other hand, is typically a nice relaxing drive through the scrub.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We'll be there mid-July (when your daytime low is hotter than our daytime high by a LOT), and as we're on vacay and Paw-Paw is retired, we're on our own schedule, so we can leave after "rush hour". :)

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
The sad thing is... there are many people watching this that are probably believing this is how it really played out.

It reminds me of a quote that I've seen attributed to Winston Churchill... "History is written by the victors..."

This is SO true...

~shoes~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff