Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank you

rainer

New in Town
Hi all together,
I'm a long time reader but first time poster. Since August 08 I am watching the Lounge and here came the idea to buy a really high quality leather jacket. After long reading i decided to go with an Aero Highwayman jacket. What can i say? The contacts with Amanda, the advices and the all around service was outstanding!! The jacket was ordered in November 08, arrived in March 09 and i think a part of you know the feeling when opening the box.
Now it's May, the jacket has experienced winter (-15 C ), sun and rain and I'm so glad with this jacket!!
Without you here at TFL this all never happened.

Thank You :eusa_clap

Greetings from Germany
Rainer

Windward

Practically Family
rainer said:
Hi all together,
I'm a long time reader but first time poster. Since August 08 I am watching the Lounge and here came the idea to buy a really high quality leather jacket. After long reading i decided to go with an Aero Highwayman jacket. What can i say? The contacts with Amanda, the advices and the all around service was outstanding!! The jacket was ordered in November 08, arrived in March 09 and i think a part of you know the feeling when opening the box.
Now it's May, the jacket has experienced winter (-15 C ), sun and rain and I'm so glad with this jacket!!
Without you here at TFL this all never happened.

Thank You :eusa_clap

Greetings from Germany
Rainer

Show us your beauty - its your duty!
Windward
worthlesswithoutpics

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
Hey Rainier...Good stuff! I myself was just informed mine would be shipped in a week or so. Been a wee bit of a wait. [Dec/09th] Sure, if you get the opportunity throw up a pic or two...if only to wire me up for what's a'comin'! I'll second your comment on 'The Lounge' being a great help. Fashion aside it's the love of history themes that grab me most. My last comment deserves a thread in another section perhaps but speaking of history....anyone interested in urban exploration? I'll have to search the threads....Enjoy the hide Rainier! Take care...J. [wringin' me mitts in anticipation]

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just use the same URL you posted. Click the little icon with the
mountains and yellow background and paste in the URL:

BrenhofWinter2009049.jpg

rainer

New in Town
Thanks again

for the kind words....
@feltfan: thanks for the advice with the url. I'll try when i get some more pics of the jacket.
Yes i guess its really going to break in. It's all of only wearing the jacket, as amanda suggested, in all kinds of weather.
I bought it "a little bit roomy" as Amanda said, but i want to wear it, as you can see, even in really cold conditions. The first photo is made wearing a thick woolen pullover (like sailors wear ) underneath. I only can say that the practical utility is superb. I've got a M65 jacket, a barbour and some others as well, but no one's got the summary of favourable characteristics like the highwayman (e.g. the m65 is warm already, but not waterproof, the barbour is waterproof, but not this heavy duty).
I'm very satisfied with it.
@jonnyjonny: 50 meters with snowshoes and you don't need any added isolation;)

Greetings from Dortmund
Rainer

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
Thats the cordovan FQHH leather? im really liking the color. Its not as "red or purple" as some of the cordovan that Ive seen, its more a dark brown.

rainer

New in Town
Hello Tabasco Joe, welcome to the lounge:)
Yes the Jacket is FQHH Cordovan. The colour is in fact a little red/purple. There are many threads at the lounge about this theme. Use the search function and you'll get many results....

Greetings from Dortmund
Rainer

rainer

New in Town
More pics

Hello,
as promised here are some more pics from today:
Lederjacke008.jpg

Lederjacke008.jpg

Lederjacke010.jpg

Lederjacke011.jpg

Lederjacke012.jpg

Lederjacke013.jpg

Lederjacke014.jpg

Lederjacke015.jpg

h
Lederjacke016.jpg

Lederjacke017.jpg

The hat is really dark brown near black when oiled fresh.....

Greetings from Dortmund
Rainer

Tabasco Joe

New in Town
rainer said:
Hello Tabasco Joe, welcome to the lounge:)
Yes the Jacket is FQHH Cordovan. The colour is in fact a little red/purple. There are many threads at the lounge about this theme. Use the search function and you'll get many results....

Greetings from Dortmund
Rainer

Hello :)

Thanks for the welcome. Ive been lurking here for quite a while - my join date is August 2006. I cant believe that was only my 2nd post. I own an Aero Highwayman in black. Looking at all the Half-Belts on this forum really makes me want to get one of those someday when I can afford it. Anyways not wanting to derail your thread. Nice looking jacket :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy