Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks all

sxs

New in Town
I live in Florida and got tired of being fried by the heat when outside, so I decided I needed a hat. Not a hat from Wal-mart, but a real hat. I found the Fedora Lounge forum and read many of the posts. I emailed some of the recommended hat vendors with questions about hats in Florida, the heat and humidity. Based on all of this great information I decided on a Panama Hat from Panama Hats Direct. A very informative website by the way. Before I ordered the hat my family and I went on vacation to Quebec City, Canada to escape the heat. It did not work out that way though because Quebec City was having a small heat wave. Anyway many Canadians wear the Trilby hat and from my point of view this hat is much to casual and only confirmed my decision to place the order for a Panama Hat. Well it is three weeks to Panama hat and counting.

Thanks to all for the great information.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
sxs said:
I live in Florida and got tired of being fried by the heat when outside, so I decided I needed a hat. Not a hat from Wal-mart, but a real hat. I found the Fedora Lounge forum and read many of the posts. I emailed some of the recommended hat vendors with questions about hats in Florida, the heat and humidity. Based on all of this great information I decided on a Panama Hat from Panama Hats Direct. A very informative website by the way. Before I ordered the hat my family and I went on vacation to Quebec City, Canada to escape the heat. It did not work out that way though because Quebec City was having a small heat wave. Anyway many Canadians wear the Trilby hat and from my point of view this hat is much to casual and only confirmed my decision to place the order for a Panama Hat. Well it is three weeks to Panama hat and counting.

Thanks to all for the great information.

Post a photo when it arrives. ;)

Dewhurst

Practically Family
sxs said:
Not a hat from Wal-mart, but a real hat.

Wal-Mart is selling phantom (ethereal) hats now? Whhaaa, I need to get one of those.

Last time I looked they were shaped like hats, felt like hats, but were simply made shoddy. Still, they were real enough! But this.... this is great!

OK, I'm done. Welcome welcome.

:rolleyes: ;)

sxs

New in Town
It's on its way

I got an email yesterday that my Panama Hat has been shipped and should be here in about 10 days. I will post a photo.

I looked at Panama Bob and he has some interesting Panama Hats. Maybe next time.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Thanks to the enablers here, I got me a Panama Bob hat, a Diamante, and have had nothing but compliments. I thought I would not like the bigger brim, as compared to a fedora I bought, but actually, it works and I guess gives me more shading. I can see that I sweat a bit in it, but I know my thinning hair and scalp appreciate the coverage. Yes, post a pic?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
memphislawyer said:
Thanks to the enablers here, I got me a Panama Bob hat, a Diamante, and have had nothing but compliments. I thought I would not like the bigger brim, as compared to a fedora I bought, but actually, it works and I guess gives me more shading. I can see that I sweat a bit in it, but I know my thinning hair and scalp appreciate the coverage. Yes, post a pic?

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hmmmmphng....

The Fedora Force is strong with this one

yoda_bigger.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara