Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T. (1953)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Has anybody here ever see this film before? It was the only film that Dr. Seuss wrote a dedicated screenplay for. Staring Hans Conreid.

5000-fingers.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I remember seeing that as a kid. I remember the child actor looked like Seuss drew him. All sorts of Seussian touches like a pair of old men connected at the beard. I'll have to find it and rewatch it.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
TCM Roller Skating night...

Did anybody happen catch this on TCM tonight? Very Dr. Seuss to be sure. The theme for TCM tonight was Roller Skates, so they played this followed by "It's Always Fair Weather" with Gene Kelly tap dancing in roller skates & then "Shall We Dance" with Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers dancing in roller skates.

Clever theme night.

Cheers!

Dan

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
My dad did point out that 5,000 Fingers was on TCM tonight, though I didn't watch it. I would like to watch it again soon though.

DanielJones said:
Did anybody happen catch this on TCM tonight? Very Dr. Seuss to be sure. The theme for TCM tonight was Roller Skates, so they played this followed by "It's Always Fair Weather" with Gene Kelly tap dancing in roller skates & then "Shall We Dance" with Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers dancing in roller skates.

Clever theme night.

Cheers!

Dan

Baggers

Practically Family
I finally got around to watching the Wachowski brothers Speed Racer last night, and after finishing it I commented to my wife that the only way I'd watch it again would be if I could drop some acid beforehand. The point is that right after saying this, I hit the eject button on the DVD player, the TV goes back to whatever cable channel I had tuned to prior, and I'm now watching Hans Conreid singing about his "do se do duds."

Make that TWO movies I want to watch while tripping.

BTW, anyone else notice that the plumber character was wearing an M41 field jacket?

Cheers!

Hondo

One Too Many
TCM

I saw this film a number of times, in the early years of TV (Black & white) it would be shown many times, that was the first time I saw it, yeah it was weird, melodramatic, but that was the early 1950's for ya.
I always enjoyed Hans Conreid, a goofy fun character, his voice in many cartoons, any one remember Fractured Flickers? Conreid was the host, and aired edited cuts from silent films, with voice overs, really funny stuff.

Baggers: BTW, anyone else notice that the plumber character was wearing an M41 field jacket?

That is the first thing that caught my eye, WWII had been over for years, lots of Veterans with skills looking for work, he even drives off with the kids Mom in a Willies Jeep!
How he got that from the U.S. Army I'll never know lol

Hondo

One Too Many
re:TCM

DanielJones:Did anybody happen catch this on TCM tonight? Very Dr. Seuss to be sure. The theme for TCM tonight was Roller Skates, so they played this followed by "It's Always Fair Weather" with Gene Kelly tap dancing in roller skates & then "Shall We Dance" with Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers dancing in roller skates.

Lost that train of thought for a minute :eusa_doh:
I stayed up to watch "Its Always Fair Weather" and "Shall We Dance"
You can't miss with Gene Kelly or Fred & Ginger, I love the early 1930's
Wise guy smart-alecky Astaire is great fun, I enjoy the dancing scenes but not am not a hoofer myself, call me two left feet :p
Kelly and Fred & Ginger are great fun to watch ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80