Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Aero has landed:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket! Turned out incredible!

To avoid confusion for everyone, Aero included, the stock lengths that the OP refers to are Insurrection stock lengths, which are quite a bit longer in the body and sleeve than Aero's stock lengths on the 1930s Slimfit Half Belt, the Cafe' Racer, the J106, the J107 (new Aero style here), etc. In short, Insurrection has our own set of patterns on all Aero jackets to accommodate our taller American customers.

Again, great jacket! Ken, Wade, and I all loved the Isle of Skye tartan...

Carrie, can you post how much length in the body and sleeves you like to add to a stock 30's..i think the above fit is perfect and what I want on the jacket I have on order.

Last edited:

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Thank you, Carrie! My little brain was beginning to short-circuit

trying to remember all the arcane details of my 30's HB order. :confused: Your post about Insurrection's dimensions will, hopefully, answer the questions of those interested in my HB, as well stop me wondering "Did I order that mod?"

To avoid confusion for everyone, Aero included, the stock lengths that the OP refers to are Insurrection stock lengths, which are quite a bit longer in the body and sleeve than Aero's stock lengths on the 1930s Slimfit Half Belt, the Cafe' Racer, the J106, the J107 (new Aero style here), etc. In short, Insurrection has our own set of patterns on all Aero jackets to accommodate our taller American customers. /
And, I too, love that Isle of Skye lining.

pauleway

Practically Family
trying to remember all the arcane details of my 30's HB order. :confused: Your post about Insurrection's dimensions will, hopefully, answer the questions of those interested in my HB, as well stop me wondering "Did I order that mod?"

To avoid confusion for everyone, Aero included, the stock lengths that the OP refers to are Insurrection stock lengths, which are quite a bit longer in the body and sleeve than Aero's stock lengths on the 1930s Slimfit Half Belt, the Cafe' Racer, the J106, the J107 (new Aero style here), etc. In short, Insurrection has our own set of patterns on all Aero jackets to accommodate our taller American customers. /
And, I too, love that Isle of Skye lining.

I did not realize that you ordered your jacket from Insurrection, thought you got it directly from Aero. That answers the longer lengths. Great jacket either way!

sshack

A-List Customer
My apologies for bumping an old thread, but the pics to the jacket are missing/broken. Anyway we can get these links working again? Would love to see some pictures of this jacket...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany