Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE ANSWER

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
I really think this hat can only be described in German. I'd call that a Kopfzelt or head tent. I apologize to any German readers if I have selected the wrong variant for "tent" or improperly constructed my new word. Still compared to Luftkissenfahrzeug (air pillow drive craft) which is the word for hovercraft, how bad can I have done.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
ScottyBlues said:
I really think this hat can only be described in German. I'd call that a Kopfzelt or head tent. I apologize to any German readers if I have selected the wrong variant for "tent" or improperly constructed my new word. Still compared to Luftkissenfahrzeug (air pillow drive craft) which is the word for hovercraft, how bad can I have done.

That's what I have always loved about German...I makes me feel totally empowered to create any customized word out of miscellaneous bits and pieces lying around my lexicon. Seriously, one of that tongue's peculiar charms.

If you want to get really, really literal in an excessively basic way, Luftkissenfahrzeug might be rendered as "air cushion traveling thing". I just absolutely love that. Makes me smile!

- Bill

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Here's some other equally appealing designs:

Some guys wear their hats around the house but this guy wea.... well, you get the point.
guy-with-dumb-hat.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24