Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Art of Manliness

hatflick1

Practically Family
Oops!
Well, just shows I've been away for a while.
With any luck the post will drift on to the dead letter box soon.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ouch:eusa_doh:

uglymugs.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Obviously you cannot pair a fedora with jeans and a polo. They are only an appropriate accent for dressier outfits.

How is it obvious that you cannot pair a fedora with jeans and a polo? I guess we need to call up the film crew for Raiders of the Lost Ark and tell them that Indiana Jones isn't wearing his fedora properly... [rolling my eyes]

Whoever wrote that piece doesn't know much about hats.[huh] I read the site frequently. Though I think they can get off in left field sometimes, it's usually an entertaining read.

Randy

Carlisle Blues

^^^^

Oh No The Fedora Lounge Police are after me...:eek: :eek: :eek: lol lol lol lol

Akubra Deluxe Federation IV, Blue Blazer, Button down Faconable shirt, JEANS, Lucchese Classic Crocodile Cowboy Boots
jeans.jpg

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Carlisle Blues said:
^^^^

Oh No The Fedora Lounge Police are after me...

Akubra Deluxe Federation IV, Blue Blazer, Button down Faconable shirt, JEANS, Lucchese Classic Crocodile Cowboy Boots
jeans.jpg

That's my style, if you want to call it style. [huh] :D lol

jharrell

New in Town
I'm of the opinion that hats worn well will look good with jeans or any other type of clothes. If I paid attention to the no jeans thing then I would have very few occasions to wear my hats.

Carlisle Blues

theinterchange said:
I didn't review my post before submitting and then got distracted after the fact! :(

It is no big deal.......If I did say that I would have retracted the statement because these days the uniform of the day is jeans. :) (been like that for a long time);)

Valhson

One of the Regulars
Carlisle Blues said:
^^^^

Oh No The Fedora Lounge Police are after me.

:eek: oh come on! You are constantly busting chops around here for reaction sake:p :p

On two other topics. Jeans, chinos, shorts what ever... if it works for ya it works for yeah.

Also, could we possibly take this any more :eek:fftopic: lol lol lol

Carlisle Blues

Valhson said:
:eek: oh come on! You are constantly busting chops around here for reaction sake:p :p

On two other topics. Jeans, chinos, shorts what ever... if it works for ya it works for yeah.

Also, could we possibly take this any more :eek:fftopic: lol lol lol

I have a sense of humor, but, that is as far as it goes...;) I also enjoy and respect my fellow Loungers...:)

Valhson

One of the Regulars
Carlisle Blues said:
I have a sense of humor, but, that is as far as it goes...;) I also enjoy and respect my fellow Loungers...:)

Please forgive me if I cam across as being disrespectful. I assure you it was not meant that way. Maybe I came across incorrectly. I meant it only in jest.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues, my friend: you look great with those jeans and boots!:eusa_clap
I wear my hats because I love them, they are pieces of art. Of course, too, I try to observe style and appropiate dress code (i.e when I go to work or an event) but at the end of the day (and I don't mean sunset here: you know what I'm talking about;) ) people should wear what they want and what makes them feel comfortable. I sometimes wear my hats while walking around the house in my boxers, who gives a darn! It makes me feel gooood.:eek: :p
Manliness and/or femaliness are not in the atire you put on but in the maners and attitude you wear each day. I'd say.

Though I should say that when I do the above my wife makes crazy fun of me!lol

Carlisle Blues

Valhson said:
Please forgive me if I cam across as being disrespectful. I assure you it was not meant that way. Maybe I came across incorrectly. I meant it only in jest.

Nothing to forgive, but, thank you.:)

The Fedora Lounge is a great place. It is a cross section of society; a microcosm if you will. There is information, fun and a sense of society here. Of course, as with any group there are those that a person will gravitate to more than others. That is to be expected, however, one rule I follow is never to speak of the person, rather speak to the issue at hand. There are others who speak of the person in a negative manner when they cannot fully express themselves. I stick with the winners and enjoy myself here.

So no I do not feel you were anything, but, humorous and convivial.:)

Aureliano said:
Carlisle Blues, my friend: you look great with those jeans and boots!:eusa_clap
I wear my hats because I love them, they are pieces of art. Of course, too, I try to observe style and appropiate dress code (i.e when I go to work or an event) but at the end of the day (and I don't mean sunset here: you know what I'm talking about;) ) people should wear what they want and what makes them feel comfortable. I sometimes wear my hats while walking around the house in my boxers, who gives a darn! It makes me feel gooood.:eek: :p
Manliness and/or femaliness are not in the atire you put on but in the maners and attitude you wear each day. I'd say.

Thank you!!!! I could not have said it any better....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy