Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Blackboard Jungle

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Forrestal said:
Hey Daddy-O…I think Jamie Farr’s first movie was the Blackboard Jungle.
Regards,
Forrestal

He was Jamal Farah in the credits.:)

Since I started this thread, last year:eek: I've seen Touch of Evil and that too is an excellant film. The opening sequence is great.

Blackboard Jungle; that scene where they break the records really is a disturbing scene. A good movie though.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Blackboard Jungle has a bit of both, good and bad society. Eventually the students do want to learn. A lot of films I believe have taken this same route since. Students cause trouble, don't listen to teacher. Teacher feels like giving up, teacher doesn't give up. Teacher inspires students. Maybe this film sparked a few related subjects?

Doh!

One Too Many
I really used to like To Sir With Love -- until I saw this. I still like Sir, but think Jungle is the far superior product.

Love that soundtrack!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you like "Blackboard Jungle", try and see "City Across the River" from a few years earlier. It's not officially released, but there are "copies" floating around.
That film has several scenes similar to the record breaking "Jungle" scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic