Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

This Borsalino factory tour came across my YouTube recommendations. Didn't realize Borso was still felting their own bodies.
Not certain but it seems to me that while the narration spoke of sewing in the liner it certainly looked to me that the lady had a bottle of glue which she applied to the liner before laying it into a hat. $2500 and a glued in liner? Seriously?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I purchased this vintage Borsalino a couple of weeks ago. I do not know its age. All I can tell you is that the felt is exceptionally soft and supple. The color is grey (I think) with a hint of sage green. It does not have a liner.

If anyone can tell me anything about it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the lounge. Wonderful Borsalino! I particularly like the wide ribbon and back bow.

It seems to have lost its liner. The paper label suggests it's from the mid 50s.

Stefan @steur will be able to give a better estimate when he seems it.

I purchased this vintage Borsalino a couple of weeks ago. I do not know its age. All I can tell you is that the felt is exceptionally soft and supple. The color is grey (I think) with a hint of sage green. It does not have a liner.

If anyone can tell me anything about it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Very cool find! Like Steve said: the label points to the mid to late fifties for this one. Could you take another picture of the label to see if you can get it a bit sharper? Might be that both the colour and the model are ones we haven't seen before.

Beren

New in Town
Very cool find! Like Steve said: the label points to the mid to late fifties for this one. Could you take another picture of the label to see if you can get it a bit sharper? Might be that both the colour and the model are ones we haven't seen before.
Alas, that label is so faded I cannot get it any sharper with my old iPhone camera. But thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21