Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino in Narvalo

P1050045.JPG
P1050046.JPG
300px-Narwhals_breach.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Zenit Homburg

So I basically stole this hat, a "bowler derby," punti 5. The description indicated it had some wear on the inside, though did not provide pics. I can't find any wear, other than about seven stitches in the sweatband that have broken, maybe 3/4" worth. The auction photos made it look kind of tan, even though the description said grey. I was kind of hoping for tan, but grey will be just fine, I think!

The thing is, this has a pretty low and square crown for a homburg, compared to my Lees and St. Regi. Is this normal for Borsoburgs? I know it sounds weird, but I'm not sure I'll even crease it!

021vf.jpg

022bnb.jpg

024wt.jpg

026nx.jpg

027db.jpg

029bi.jpg

017kb.jpg

Jeff, Fabulous Borsa Homburg meets Bowler! The sweat bow treatment is unusual for a Borsalino. Same with the liner which is Bowler like!

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, that one is gorgeous. I think it looks great uncreased, but then again it would probably look great creased as well. Very nice 'burger.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic find, Jeff. Yet another beautiful Borsalino liner crest, very interesting.

Did you measure the open crown? It looks like a regular 5.5" in the pics. Sometimes the heavy brim curl of Homburgs plays tricks on the eyes, making it difficult to properly assess the crown height.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys! It's really beautiful, and I confess I tried to exactly imitate the crease you put on yours, Manfred! I do like it much better that way after all.

Rabbit, I'm going to have to measure this one, because I feel certain the St. Regis is taller, and certainly not as flat on the top. I'll edit later on if I find anything significant in the specs.

002qxn.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21