Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bud deserves "Big Brother" of "The Borsalino Brotherhood" status for that just perfect hat he posted here. Is that your favorite, Bud? I'm coveting it. Forgive me. Here's my Borsalino straw. Do straws count?
Mansion8-28-06230_edited.jpg

dean

squid

One of the Regulars
It's a little late to gather my collection for pictures, but tomorrow...

I am up to five with one more on the way from Bulgaria. Two of those may go back on the auction block as I have refined my taste in style.

Edit: I'll throw in one pic for the heck of it. This is a new Borsalino purchased in Taormina back in 2003.

To the Brotherhood!

My Borsalino I inherited from my Dad!

4145aa76.jpg

OMERTA -
A code of action and responsibility directly tied to your essence of manhood, the Omerta. As a man you will do what needs to be done and your honor is your silence. By taking the symbol of your Borsalino you pledge your support to the Brotherhood.:eek:

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Grazie

deanglen said:
Bud deserves "Big Brother" of "The Borsalino Brotherhood" status for that just perfect hat he posted here. Is that your favorite, Bud? I'm coveting it. Forgive me.

dean

It may not be my favorite, but it ranks highly. Thanks for the kind comments to both you and Mark.
Dean, I have said it before and I will say it again, you are building one heck of a stable there. Good looking straw, you have my vote.

Marc Chevalier said:
lol It will end up being like La Cosa Nostra.

OMERTA -
A code of action and responsibility directly tied to your essence of manhood, the Omerta. As a man you will do what needs to be done and your honor is your silence. By taking the symbol of your Borsalino you pledge your support to the Brotherhood.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Well, that lid on my avatar is a Borsa Marque Grand Luxe,XXXX, Ditta Umberto Lanobetti, Firenze; soft, dense felt,wonderfully supple, needs a cleaning. Will have more photos of it, showing the soft Green felt-my favorite color for a hat-and could be my favorite hat. Have a few more as well, one jet-black Allesandria and a couple of OR styles, all vintage. Geez, lotsa photos to come, as long as computer cooperates. I wanna be a member of the Borsalino Brotherhood! ciao, M

Tony in Tarzana

I'm up to five Borsalinos, including my "Spaghetti Western" that looks just like an Open Road, my two Homburgs (black and grey) that were first sold in Trieste, (the southern end of Churchill's "Iron Curtain,") as well as my shackle-curled light grey fedora that came from French Indochina, and my brown medium brim fedora from a hat store in The Eternal City, Roma.

Tony in Tarzana

I can't imagine wearing a felt hat in the steaming jungles of Southeast Asia, but there it is. I wish it fit, but I'm afraid to stretch it.

It's definitely my oldest hat, and I love just having it as an historical artifact even if I can't wear it.

moustache

Practically Family
Here are my babies!!

My initiation into the Brotherhood consists of the following Borsas:

1-Borsalino Homburg-6-7/8 and in mint condition.The label says it was custom for a man named James in Belgium.Hmmm.Thats my name.
Homburg2.jpg

2-Borsalino grey-6-7/8-.My most frequently worn hat.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

3-Borsalino light green/brown(i have heard both opinions)6-7/8

small21.jpg

4-Borsalino Gruppa Doria tweed-6-7/8-Goes very well with my Harris Tweed jackets!!

3-color.jpg

5--Borsalino Gruppa Doria tweed cap-yet another good tweed

colorcap.jpg

The last two are before i trimmed the moustache!!!

I want to buy more Borsalinos but am running out of room in this apartment!!!!

JD in Vancouver,Wa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ