Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys! Yeah, i won't wear that hat on rainy days. :) I heard that sunlight isn't that good either; but i can wear it without any problems on hot summer days, I guess? That's just an advice for the storage? How often should the hat be sprayed with some water?

Edit:
View attachment 74908 View attachment 74907
Mist daily and fertilize monthly. Prune in the Spring before buds appear.

Thanks. But what exactly do you mean by fertilizing the hat?

Don't spray it with water. Simply leave it in the bathroom when/if you shower once in a while. That will give it all the moisture it needs.

And if sun is bad for it, you should you only wear it indoors, right? BULLoney! Where do you think these hats are INTENDED to be worn? In the SUN.

Now, you are informed, ready, and set to go forth, and wear your Paja proudly, Pal!!

Oh! ONE MORE important thing... keep it away from goats, camels and other ruminants...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. But what exactly do you mean by fertilizing the hat?
One of these under the sweat band monthly. The sweat activates the fertilizer and the crown grows higher and the brim wider.
10235126.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
@DVNO Please don't listen to Bob about fertilizing the hat. He's joking. Quite the trickster, that one.

Beautiful paja toquilla straw from Borsalino! Wear it in the sun, proudly. Too much water and it will start to lose it's shape, so it's not a rainy day hat.

DVNO

Familiar Face
Don't spray it with water. Simply leave it in the bathroom when/if you shower once in a while. That will give it all the moisture it needs.

And if sun is bad for it, you should you only wear it indoors, right? BULLoney! Where do you think these hats are INTENDED to be worn? In the SUN.

Now, you are informed, ready, and set to go forth, and wear your Paja proudly, Pal!!

Oh! ONE MORE important thing... keep it away from goats, camels and other ruminants...

I bought it as a hat for my living room. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24