Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Boy Who Would Be Tintin?

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
Blisterin' barnacles!!! Here's an article on Danish actor and boy adventurer, Palle Huld, who followed in the footsteps of Phileas Fogg back in 1928. I'd never heard of him until today, and though most newspaper reports are playing up the (possibly tenuous) Tintin connection, I think the story of his own travels sounds far more interesting, and I'd like to read more about him. I thought Loungers might be interested!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/tintin-and-the-
figure-of-mysterious-inspiration-2153060.html

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
I always liked Tintin when I was a kid, but I never read many of the books - I think this article has probably re-booted my interest. I'll have to go back and read those really early stories. The art-work alone is a pure joy. I'd also like to get my hands on a copy of Huld's book about his round the world trip. Sounds like he was in some pretty sticky places.

(Actually, I'm sure I have a copy of King Ottokar's Sceptre about here somewhere...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot