Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The brand of this Newsboy Cap?

Miss Hattercap

New in Town
2003030600120030306171-vi.jpg

Dennispet-vi.jpg

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea about the brand and origin (Irish, English, French?) of this newsboy cap???

I lost it about 15 years ago so I only have these two pictures..
It's a vintage cap from the 60's, 50's, 40's?
It's made of a thick tweed fabric.

I hope you can help me out..:)

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
There are so many brands & non brands of tweed/cloth caps out there that it would be impossible to even guess the brand or country of origin of your cap. It looks more like a fashion cap from the late 70's or 80's to me, which hardly helps.
I'm sure you could find one similar somewhere online if that was your plan.

I'd guestimate about ten years older, 60s or early 70s. If you're looking to replace it, you will need luck, and/or money. If you don't happen to find an old one, there are some pretty talented cap-crafters around here. At least the fabric pattern is a somewhat classic houndstooth. GOOD LUCK!

RJR

Miss H,No question that any of our cap making Loungers could duplicate that cap.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Early to mid-Sixties? There's something of the "Mod" about it (Audrey Hepburn in a raincoat?). You might want to talk to Stewart Angus at AmiCharnel on Etsy. He has a number of tweeds and does very nice work at a very reasonable price. Decent fellow, as well.

Miss Hattercap

New in Town
Thank you for all your replies and thoughts!

I've checked out AmiCharnel on Etsy that may be an option.. if they have the thick tweed fabric the cap was made of.
I've looked around everywhere but I never came across a cap with this sort of very thick qualitative tweed whit a large hounds-tooth pattern (mostly finer patterns).
I do remember that it was an old cap, certainly not from the 70's or 80's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay