Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Breakfast Martini

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
ThesFlishThngs said:
If one were interested in trying this concoction for with breakfast, but lacked the majority of ingredients, perhaps just a measure of Meadow of Love, cold water and ice?.....

One could in a pinch, substitute almond syrup for Orgeat. (You can usually find Orgeat syrup in a well stocked Liquor store)

You do need the cream and the egg white to get the frothy base.

Chuck has an excellent description on how to make one properly, here:

http://talesblog.com/2008/07/18/first-day-of-tales-in-a-long-delayed-post/

Steven180

One of the Regulars
I like the way WarBaby thinks.

But while agreeing with Andy1964, I tend to be a little slower and lazier after waking. You may just go with a Three Olives or Van Gogh Expresso Vodka without the early morning effort...

M.

Last edited:

Del Ray

New in Town
Best food & drink to start day. (Not a work day, mind you, a leisurely day)

Food: Spanish tortilla like Mama used to make. Recipe here.
Followed by drink: bloody mary recipe here

Now it's important the meal is on the deck, while wearing a robe, and the weather is perfect. (Should be immediately following a shower, straight razor shave and Bay Rum after shave.)

Cigar to follow meal. Enjoyed with a good book.

Late afternoon spent with the Smokin' Hot Wife and friends at our favorite barbeque joint.

I'm sorry, what was the question?

Del

Cashmere

New in Town
In Scotland -- especially the Hebrides -- there's a tradition of taking a wee dram first thing in the morning. They call it a "skalk." I find the tradition has much to recommend it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav