Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the Crowd

mike

Call Me a Cab
I was lucky enough to see a screening of this at the Hollywood Silent Movie Theatre about a week ago and it is no light statement that I say with absolute certainty, this is my favorite movie of all time! I'm a huge movie fan and could never give anyone a favorite movie due to when is a movie released it has this going for it or that or if it's this sort of genre film or another than it's got different goals in mind and how can say for instance, how can Grand Illusion compare to James Whale's the Invisible Man or Maurice Tourneur's the Devil's Hand to the Thin Man series. They can't, they're completely different and wonderfully their own. BUT that isn't the case with the Crowd. It is just beautiful, timeless, tragic, hysterical, romantic, hopeful, hopeless, real...
If aliens visit our devastated planet after some war near or far from now, if they could just unearth one film, it would only have to be this King Vidor classic for an alien to our world to know what it means to be human.
It really cut at me very deeply, I saw it with my girlfriend and we recently lost our puppy in a very similiar way to how the family experienced their loss. I saw my entire relationship and life on a larger level out there on display in front of the audience as I'm sure everyone in that theatre did. I really can't suggested it enough.

Ellie

Familiar Face
That is so odd that you mentioned The Crowd at this particular moment. I just watched it for the first time yesterday, and I will have to agree with every word you have said about it. The cinematography is especially exquisite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff