Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Customer Isn't Always Right...

Fardad

Familiar Face
This jacket reminds me of what the Cayenne did to the Porsche line-up. It marred it.

Why would a client choose to make a jacket like this when something as beautiful as the 'Hercules' exists?

I won't be able to look at my (upcoming) HWM the same way ever again. I wish I never saw this - lol. I don't think Aero should put their name on this.

Kill it!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
1. It's a "custom" order that someone requested they make.

2. To echo the reasonable questioned posed earlier, "what" is "so wrong" with this jacket? I don't think it's "that" disturbing IMHO.

3. It's good there are still jacket makers out there who will accommodate personal taste & requests :)

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Look at the lack of wear on it, I get the feeling someone thought it would be their perfect coat....and then opened the box....

Seriously if someone is payiing you to make something they call the shots and fairplay to aero for making it for someone, people moan about companies not being prepared to customise jackets to their tastes (or lack there of) and that is why they love aero ...if you can imagine it and pay for it then they will endeavour to make it.

Still I would love to have seen the email exchange that resulted it that ...right long halfbelt for winter lined with sheepskin yes we can do that...eeerr how long ....could you resend email to confirm length please I think there has been a mistake.

Seriously though I don't like it...I have a couple of long half belts (one aero) and love the length more than other shorter jackets and it that one was my size would consider buying it but only after getting on to aero and asking them if it would be possible to chop the thing back to normal halfbelt length and what the cost would be..I would probably have a go myself and risk cocking it up knowing me...but somthing to consider for someone who it may fit, It would be one hell of a short winter coat if it could be chopped...and you would have plenty of leather for a 2 inch rubbing strip on the inside bottom of the jacket.

That jacket has already failed to sell and been relisted once so he might be open to offers.

Regards Tony

milan_19

New in Town
I just got my Aero 1950s Hb i been waiting to get and the jacket is very nice but the sleeves are abit too long and the fit isnt right, i notice that the leather on the top part of the back panel is all crak up and it just doesnt look or feel like the leather on the rest of the jacket, but i never owned fqhh before, also one of the half shoulders is about half inch longer then the other so only one seam sits square on my shoulder wich is not really siting on my shoulder at all since, that might also have something to do with the sleeves and the back being to long but who knows, the chest is ok but i feel the jacket is abit to long across the back and maybe thats wy the jacket doest really sit on my shoulders well. Anyway there it is, i dont know if i should keep or if i should send it back, I would post photos but i cant.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
If the tailoring is off (asymmetrical shoulders) then I'd send it back rather than live with it.
One of my ELC A-1 jackets was ruined by a poorly executed sleeve shortening at Aero. I complained and sent it back; Will accepted that it was their error and bought the jacket from me, which was an honest response in my view.
Hope it works out.

ron521

One of the Regulars
It has a sort of "dieselpunk" look to me, I can easily see the wearer with a pair of goggles and tall engineer boots, pulling a big lever in some sort of cold laboratory. The length of the zipper would make it a bit impractical to relieve oneself unless it were a "two-way" zipper that opens from the bottom as well. A jacket that length would actually be easier to live with if it had buttons. However, Commando Cody managed to live with it...

http://moviejackets.com/cody.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24