Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Dated Traditional Style" suit

Barry

Practically Family
I did a search to see if this was posted before and I don't think it was. Apologies in advance if this is a duplicate thread.

I've been looking for some new duds for the upcoming NY meet and I came across a suit on the www.mycustomclothing.com website. I am reluctant to use one of these mail order tailors but the description and photograph of the suit struck me as unusual for one of these outfits:

No.7601 - Dated traditional style two button peak lapel three peice suit with double breasted peak lapelled vest and high waist cuffed pleated pants Popularity:42

Hmm.

It's the bottom left photo:

The Dated Traditional Style Suit

Any thoughts?

Barry

Barry

Practically Family
Zach R. said:
What did you come up with? No go?

Zach,

I found an old thread on "Ask Andy" that discussed another suit made by the same tailor. To their credit, the tailor did offer to correct some of the "issues" but there were some obvious mistakes on the suit. If I recall correctly some of the problems included buttons not lining up and "bubbles"/uneven stitching near seams. There were other issues too. It just seems to be a bit risky.

Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails