Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

Mario

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Diamond Mario....sounds like a cool video game about a dude with a hat running thru Europe saving vintage hats from ugly creases!!!! ;)

lol lol Forget Super Mario...!!!

Thank you for your kind comments.

jonbuilder: I do feel indeed mightily flattered! :D ;) Looking forward to see the result!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
kaosharper1 said:
DSCN1517.jpg

Now that's a beaut! Beautiful color - and a great matching ribbon treatment! :eusa_clap

I really need to invest in a work of Art one of these days... :rolleyes:

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Mario said:
Now that's a beaut! Beautiful color - and a great matching ribbon treatment! :eusa_clap

I really need to invest in a work of Art one of these days... :rolleyes:

Thanks, Mario. It's nice to have something unique, but I have to admit that if I could find as many vintage hats in my size as you (and others like Sue) could, I would probably spend more on them.

At the same time it is really gratifying to help support a living craftsman and there is nothing like having a hat custom made to your own specs. Working with Art is kind of like a collaboration and that makes it all the more gratifying.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
kaosharper1 said:
Thanks, Mario. It's nice to have something unique, but I have to admit that if I could find as many vintage hats in my size as you (and others like Sue) could, I would probably spend more on them.

At the same time it is really gratifying to help support a living craftsman and there is nothing like having a hat custom made to your own specs. Working with Art is kind of like a collaboration and that makes it all the more gratifying.

In general I prefer vintage hats as well - that is, hats with a history. But I made a solemn oath to myself to buy a hat from Art next year (if the budget permits...). As you said: it's great to have something that's unique, made to your very own specifications and needs. I've had a custom guitar made for me a few year back for which I picked every bit of material that got used and I've played it almost exclusively ever since.

A step by step tutorial???

Diamond Mario,
Another great hand-blocking effort.
Have you posted a How-To on your diamond crease methods?
This one looks as you have taken it to another level!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Diamond Mario,
Another great hand-blocking effort.
Have you posted a How-To on your diamond crease methods?
This one looks as you have taken it to another level!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks Deputy! :D

I'll need to have my beloved Katja take the photos for a tutorial (somehow I got rid of my extra set of limbs). I'll try to do it next week, I promise! :)

Dundee

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
Nicely done Dundee!
I took the center dent crease out of my Jay Lord custom & went with this 4 point diamond ala Diamond Mario...
JayL2.jpg
I realy like those sharp diamonds. That looks great. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario said:
Thanks Deputy! :D

I'll need to have my beloved Katja take the photos for a tutorial (somehow I got rid of my extra set of limbs). I'll try to do it next week, I promise! :)
Great! I REALLY like how your front pinch & long side dents came out on this one. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dundee

A-List Customer
rebashed Stylemaster

diamondstylemaster2.jpg
diamondstylemaster1.jpg

I rebashed my Stylemaster to straiten the sides a bit. There is not much material to work with on a low crown fedora. I guess you could call the bash a quarter carat diamond.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Does this count?

Rebashed my new (modern, Vintage Collection) Whippet to something other than the factory crease. It came out like this:

IMG_3160.jpg

It looks to me like a diamond, but I don't know about it coming up a bit in the center. (The edges of the pre-creased teardrop were hard to do away with, so it showed up again in the new hand-crease.) So, does this count?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart