Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Favorite One

mauriciogray

New in Town
When I bought my first fedora was love at first sight. My chambergo (we call chambergo to fedoras with c crown) probably isn’t the best. I think the felt is weird beacuse is soft, light, but the color isn’t uniform. But I like wear it all time.
The hat is from Maidana, the brim was changed. I wanted the color gray and interior white like the Elliot Ness fedora in The Untouchables. The brim is gray, maybe, soon will be black.
This hat is my favorite one. I have others more expensive or betters but I love the first fedora I bought.

Sombrero02chambergo.jpg

I hope you like it. Salud!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gracias por los fotos

?Este chambergo, es nuevo o antiguo?
?El negocio Maidana existe hoy?
?Y como es que cambian los colores del chambergo?

I'm asking if the hat is new, if the company still
exists, and how it is the colors change...

mauriciogray

New in Town
Este chambergo es nuevo... tiene 5 meses.
Maidana aun existe. Tienen un local en Rivadavia 1923 en Capital Federal.
Podes comprar un chambergo en el color que quieras pero los populares son el negro, el gris claro y oscuro, el marron y el verde.
Los bailarines de tango lo usan por que es liviano y fue muy popular en el pasado. El modelo Tango es popular tambien pero suelen opinar que el chambergo es un sombrero deportivo.

Mi sombrero es gris es oscuro pero si lo tocas en algun lado suele oscurecerse y hay que cepillarlo para recuperar el color.

Solo en espa?±ol: Considero que es un muy buen sombrero, el fieltro que tiene es muy delicado y esta muy bien confeccionado.

This chambergo is new... is 5 months old.
Maidana still exists. They have a local in Rivadavia 1923 in Capital Federal.
You can buy a chambergo in any color you want but populars colors are black, light and dark gray, brown, green.
The tango dancers uses this hat because is a light hat and was very popular in past. The fedora tango is popular too but the general opinion is: the chambergo is a sport hat.

In my hat the grey is dark but if you touch any part maybe this part becomes darker... and you need use a brush to restore the color.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
By request, now with subtitles for those who live next to Mexico (us Americans).

mauriciogray said:
Este chambergo es nuevo... tiene 5 meses.
Maidana aun existe. Tienen un local en Rivadavia 1923 en Capital Federal.

This fedora is new... it's 5 months old. Maidana still exists. They
have a store at Rivadavia 1923 en Capital Federal.
Tengo que irme a Argentina.

I have to go to Argentina.

mauriciogray said:
Mi sombrero es gris es oscuro pero si lo tocas en algun lado suele oscurecerse y hay que cepillarlo para recuperar el color.

My hat is dark grey but if you touch it on one side, it results in
darkening and you have to brush it to get the original color back.
?Y como se refiere a eso? ?Lanilla? ?Flojel? ?O puede que es un polvo
de color?

How do you refer to this? [I ask for the word for "nap"] Or is
it possible it's a coloring powder?

mauriciogray said:
Solo en español: Considero que es un muy buen sombrero, el fieltro que tiene es muy delicado y esta muy bien confeccionado.
Buen chambergo tenes (;) ) y gracias otra vez por presentarlo.
Me parece mejor que la mayoria del fieltro que tenemos hoy en los EEUU.

[this part started "only in Spanish" and so it will remain]

Y ya que todo el mundo sabe que tu ingles es mejor que mi castellano,
desde ahora escribire en ingles.

Now that everyone knows your English is better than my
Castillian, I will write in English from now on.

El Muy Aficionado de Fieltro
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
As politely as I can say it.

If one is going to converse on an open forum, then one should use the common language that all can understand or provide subtitles. Otherwise it would seem to be rude behavior. Kind of like whispering in front of others, at least that is the way I was brought up. If the conversation is private, then a pm would be in order. JMHO

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
May I confine myself to rendering the felt aficionado's last half-sentence in English: "From now on, I'll write in English."

Che, ten?©h una forma de expresi??n interesante, feltfan…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran