Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The gang

mauriciogray

New in Town
This is my complete collection.
I know is not a big collection but I feel proud of them.

gang.jpg

What is the correct name for the Borsalino based hat?

Salud!!!

SheikhDaoud

New in Town
Obviously a Man of Good Taste!

:eusa_clap The Chambergo and the Tango are my favorites, but all of them are great. Do you wear one every day? I'll be glad to inherit any of them when you tire of them ;) (what is your hat size? mine is 61 cm or 7-5/8 American).

I am not familiar with Sala. Are they well known in Argentina?

I also see no Lagomarsino among your beauties, but that doesn't surprise me. I tried one on here in NY, and it is as hard as a rock and heavy.

Again, congratulations. Your collection is classy...and is just as "large" as mine (2 Panamas, 3 Fedoras).

Cheers!
David

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Why would you not call the "Based on a Borsalino by Sala" a
"chambergo"? It looks like a fedora with a C-crown and a bound edge?

All of the hats are new? No "vintage" hats?

Very nice collection! It appears there are still good
hat makers in Argentina.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a beautiful hat collection you have. I like that you have a wide array of color selection, and especially like the "tango". I don't see too many gent's wearing lids in that color any more. Very nice.

mauriciogray

New in Town
Well, I love the tango and the chambergo. The classic tango is black or gray. I like sand color because is not a popular color. I think my fedora tango is unique.
The chambergo is my favorite. It was my first fedora and I think I made a good choice.
Both hats are new.
Sala is one of the best hatters I know. The owner is an extraordinary and nice man. He begun to work in 1934 with his father. Now he works with his son and family. They have an incredible collection. He knows the story about all hatters in Buenos Aires. He made my hat from a Borsalino pictures and used a felt bell from 40s. When I take the hat is lighter than the authentic Borsalino Light Weight. The interior was made with red satin and the ribbon used is 50 years old. Maybe is new but the materials doesn’t.
Lagomarsino isn’t the original Lagomarsino. Someone bought the factory and uses the name since 80s.
I don’t want be arrogant but Argentina was the most important felt producer. The vintage Borsalinos are made with argentinian felt. I know the hatters in Buenos Aires don’t make fancy hats. Actually, they are craftmen but they works with an extraordinary quality. I compared my hats with my authentic borsalino and I can’t see quality differences.
My hat size is 60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran