Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

Knox Americana lords hat. This was a very kind gift from @PanosChris
I have a few lords hats, while I don’t wear them often, I always smile when I put one on. Thank you, Panos!

3F6C6F45-29A7-4571-A16F-53091A215CCC.jpeg
EB5B0651-0392-4070-AC07-BAEA3D29C3EE.jpeg
CCB5055F-B0B4-4C99-946A-8254E59DCC97.jpeg
C434668C-216F-4620-B2FD-0BE7361C1F1E.jpeg
F20FE5DA-893E-429B-9E8C-03787F10D62F.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cross post from the Side By Side / Hat comparisons thread - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/side-by-side-hat-comparisons.65983/page-50#post-2692441 ( July 5, 2020) .

How about some pine green with your morning coffee?

During my early morning dog soirée I wore a Stetson Playboy. The pine green is a unique felt hue. Arriving home I thought it would be interesting to have a Whippet and Stratoliner in the same felt hue join for a group pic this morning.

i-4CsjpQ8-M.jpg

i-gphcxDP-M.jpg

i-JCGzJn4-M.jpg

Our low sun combined with the warmth and humidity have the pics not accurately presenting the colors. I think they do a mostly good job portraying this small part of the history of Stetsons hats from the same decade.

Cheers. Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Pine green goodness on a Thursday.

I headed out to do yard chores and thought I would wear my pine green Stetson Whippet. I grabbed the pine green hat off the hat rack and headed out. I glanced at my reflection on the way out and it was a different hat - a Royal DeLuxe Stetson Turf Club. Right color, different hat.

i-HwxMQ2m-M.jpg

My lack of detail allows me to showcase the two hats together.

i-h9D29RH-M.jpg

i-P8FX97K-M.jpg

i-TfjnWXx-M.jpg

Pine green fedoras are fortunately abundant on my hat rack.

Cheers. Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That Wolfbrae certainly looks good and you wear it with aplomb, that's probably why it's so appealing.
My wife bought me a hat to wear to a wedding, not long before the pandemic struck last year, in the end I wore a black fedora. Why should I feel self conscious about wearing a green hat?
Greenhat.jpg

That Wolfbrae certainly looks good and you wear it with aplomb, that's probably why it's so appealing.
My wife bought me a hat to wear to a wedding, not long before the pandemic struck last year, in the end I wore a black fedora. Why should I feel self conscious about wearing a green hat?
View attachment 314903

I love green. But then I love at least some of the shades of most colors.

spring has arrived in Central California and the green hat just seemed right.

We all have our insecurities. No matter how much success we achieve, how wealthy we become, or how old we get most of us never completely shed all of our insecurities. Heck, some of us have a hard time wearing full-cut trousers and spectator shoes. ;)

for those still in the grip of winter, here’s a little California springtime:
31DA12E6-DF6A-4EDF-B39B-BB5CB6ABC308.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I realized I never put my Northwest Hat Co. Riley in this thread. This is Winchester’s forest green, and definitely lighter than bottle green.

View attachment 316575 View attachment 316576 View attachment 316577 View attachment 316578 View attachment 316579 View attachment 316580

The hat is much darker out of direct sunlight, but not as dark as bottle green.
The hat is superb, that particular hue of green has an aesthetic way of subtly changing as it catches the sunlight. Really impressive. I have sent a link of your Riley to a good friend of mine, his Riley is a 1940's car. When he sees your hat it won't just be his car that's green.

riley-rm-1.jpg riley-rm-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner